Prologue

Fiddleford was sitting in his garage tuning his banjo as the nearby telephone rang. The sound startled him at first because he rarely got calls but after he calmed himself he picked up. "Hello?" Fiddleford spoke with a tinge of nervousness in his voice. "Is this Fiddleford?" He heard a slightly familiar voice ask. "Stanford?" He said quietly. "Hello, old friend. You know you can just call me Ford, right?"

"And you can go ahead and call me Fidd."

"Right. I really need your help on a project. A big project."

"Lemme guess, anomalies?"

"You know me quite well. I've been working to discover The Unified Theory of Weirdness."

"Sounds like something quite interesting. So, what's your place of living?"

"A small cabin in the woods of a town called Gravity Falls, Oregon."

"I should be able to arrive in less than a week if your ready."

"That's perfect. I'll be able to discuss the topic and project further upon your arrival."

"Sounds good. I better be going."

"Goodbye."

"Bye."

Ford didn't know this, but Fidd has always had slight feelings for him. He was always able to contain it, but would he still be able to if he spends much time working with Ford on this project if his?