Atelophobia - The fear of imperfection

*Hey guys, this is my first short story which may not really appropriate for readers under 12... It's not erotic, okay? Anyway, pardon my grammars I'm still lacking them*

A FEW YEARS BEFORE...

"How dreadful..." I uttered alone. I keep my eyes ice cold but beautiful. What symbol do my eyes represent? Some say red tulip, a declaration of love. However, I believe it's the devil in the bush as I owned pair of demonic, scarlet red eyes that have been misjudge its beauty.

Pathetic humans, how weak were we? Is this the only limit we had? Can't we go any further? And I surprisingly doubt the radical answer of those pathetic scientist, was 'NO' actually is the best answer?

Listen to the cackling bones victim of assailant, to the gushing fresh scarlet blood as it beautiful rotten scents mixed up around and gently drop back on the earth, as gentle as raindrops. Why not try and focus on those fresh, hideous fleshes that been squashed up mercilessly? Can you hear the bubbling sound? Ah, they were all music to my ear which I admire the most...

"Andrea," call a masculine voice. A tall man around my age showed up from the ruins of shadow. He nodded as if he knew what I was thinking. "Coming Jean..." I reply after a while. Jean and I share the same dream. We don't believe that this is our only limits. Everybody call us mad, but who cares? I rather believe that we still can go to another stage. I believe that there's something amazing beyond our conscious mind.

Together we will create a better, safe place. A better world without pain shall we create.

..............

15 MARCH 2016

"How does the experiment work?" I asked lazily as I entered our basement. A tall male seemed to be around 30 showed me his twisted smile. And I carved a smile automatically hearing that. Ah, no need to ask further. Mr Fabien, a man I know who defy aging and regain his youth back. And how does that work? It's a miracle power of science.

He is the one who's born-gifted, enthusiast mad scientist and started the idea revolution of men in order to pamper his wild, 'childish' imagination.

"Now let just wait for the answer. Jean had sent in the data to the government this morning. Andrea, we did it. This is ineffable," he said after a second of delicate silent because, somehow I had a bad feeling about this. A nature instinct I supposed it is.

...........

"This is madness! It is against the law of Mother Earth! We can't fight against nature! Against who we're meant to be! Imagine if we failed!! This is all superstitious!"

"This is what we call future! This shall be the most amazing discovery ever! Imagine if our whole country apply this! We are undefeatable!"

"If this is what we need to be done for the sake of our people, this council shall allow IOI cyborg surgery as a special operation to develop our country and all citizens were required to undergo this operation in order to win the war!"

................

And today we turn a weak, mere mortal into a cyborg where now human just a race. And our cyborg race shall no longer suffer divesting defeat. We had succeeded. Can you feel the ephemeral glory of which will eventually, terminate us?

............

25 JUNE 2017

What is empathy?

What is melancholy?

What is hatred?

What is ... love?

This is impossible. Our operation actually... failed? It's like tin man in the Wizard of Oz. We wanted to feel but we can't. The memories we used to cherish so much was now nothing. It was just moving pictures that sometimes were actually paramnesia and we doubt its existence in past. Where we will expel it eventually from a part of our life. I gaze around the city. City of ruins, to be exact.

Can you hear the whisper of the deadly hollows as the night breeze pass through the ruins? The atmospherically chilling air strike down to the bones. The soft psithurism that scares children at night. Spark of electricity flashed inside those buildings. Like a lightning it is. Drip drop the water goes. It supposes to be horror and exciting, what's this?

Ah, they were fighting. The chalky green shades petrol was shed. Look at how it gushes out. Onto the sky where they gently fall on the ground. Just like the blood I used to love. Where did all those excitement gone? I was blunt. I didn't enjoy nor sympathize the weakness like how I used to.

...........

Pathetic or sympathize? I wonder how the foreign labelled us. Craving for power and glory that actually back stabbed us. Only one mission was accomplished, destroys others' treat. Because now they were too busy defending their pathetic human race country from us, heartless cyborg. Conquered by greed and lust we failed to defy.

"This is wrong... It shouldn't fail..." Said a familiar masculine voice. It was cold. There's no more warmth in his speech. Jean... "Why does this happen? The pacemaker 2.0 should do it work smoothly...?" I questioned not only Jean, myself too.

"There's only one thing to do now... "He grabs my hand and run toward a familiar place. The basement.

..............

"Jean! Jean, NO!!!" I screamed from the bottom of my mechanical lung as something pounds inside my chest hardly. "Just turn off the lever. I got your back..." His voice were even but full of hope. He slams the door and sealed it up. From inside the basement as the door was made up of explosion-proof translucent glass, I can see Jean's body were ripped apart mercilessly by those who refuse as the moonglade stretch out from the nearby lake onto us, spreading the light of Mother Earth beauty, as if it was telling us to repent. How come I've never noticed this when I was observing the behavior of nature's being the whole time?

We are who we are. And we can't afford any other screw up in order to pamper men's greed. A shadow can never overcome the light. And we are born to be the shadow, eulogizing the nature.

"I'm sorry..." as I turn the lever off, I can feel warm, light liquid fall onto my cheek, and I'm glad of it. Lachrymose, huh? I carved sadistic smile onto my dull face. Footsteps were heard heading toward me from behind. It was Mr Fabien. He stares toward me bluntly. "I was overweening all this while." I gave him melancholic look. And we both understand. It was all mistakes from the very first beginning.

Originally written by: -

MADI HAOKE

�������