Chapter 1 - Kyo's Past

Disclaimer: I do not own KHR and English is not my first language. The cover picture is not mine - Found it on Google.

Summary: Hibari Kyoya (15) sat in-front of a dirt-covered stone; a grave. "It's been a year.... Since I've killed you...." He looks forlornly up to the sky and whispered a name. "...Kyoya..."

"..." - Talking

'...' - Thinking

'Italics' - Small Flashback: Phrases, sentences .etc.

~

3rd POV:

For once Hibari Kyoya is not biting anyone to death. Instead, he is 2 hours away from his beloved Namimori.

He stood in front of the tightly knit trees and stared deep into the darkness ahead as if the answers he's looking for are all there.

'From now on, you'll no longer be 'Kyo' ! This is the price of YOUR freedom!'

Scent from the foliage, mixed with the dampness and decay, danced through the air and tickled his nostrils which brought him out of his thoughts that are preventing him from entering. He shook his head and stepped onto a small gravel path which leads into the darkness.

.

.

.

[Namimori, Tsuna's room]

"Ha~ For once there is peace in the house..."

Tsuna stretched his body as best as he can while sitting at his desk, facing a tower tall homework - Given by Reborn. As soon as he said that, a tingling sensation went off in his head forcing him to flail his hands around.

"Hieee! He ducked in time to avoid the incoming bullets.

"Reboorrnnnnn!" Tsuna shrieks as he dances around to avoid being hit by familiar looking mallet without any success.

"Ow! Stop it!" Tsuna spluttered out as he nurse a new bump on his head.

"Dame-Tsuna, get back to work!"

.

.

.

[Back to Kyoya]

Upon the forest floor lie trees of yesteryear, fallen in storms long forgotten. After walking for an hour, Kyoya finally saw his goal. It was a stone, a dirt covered one.

No, it was a gravestone.

There was a cruel irony in the gravestone. It stood there with its youthful glow, strong, erect, ready to last a hundred years despite the dirt. Yet - had already perished and enjoying his journey over the seas.

He bent down to read the hand-carved lettering at eye level and sat down in front of it.
~

Hibari Kyoya
19xx - 20xx
'The one who will be forgotten by all.'

~

His body is numb, and everything kind of fade away except for the gravestone. Pain felt like a sharp-toothed creature eating him from inside. He grit his teeth, overwhelmed by the need to cry.

He clenched his hands hard enough that the sharp pain managed to distract him from his pain. Despite his efforts, he was overwhelmed by the need to cry and deep, tortured sobs echoed throughout the forest before it was muffled by his hands.

His sobs died down and turned into anger as he stumble upon a memory of him begging begging 'Him' for a proper grave in the Family graveyard but was denied cruelly.