Chapter 1

I watch as Randy pulls up his car to my driveway. Immediately getting up from where I was sitting, I take one last glance at myself in the mirror before grabbing my purse and make my way out of the house.

"Hey Alicia, hey Randy!" I chirp as I get in the backseat of his car. Alicia is my best friend and Randy, her boyfriend.

"Hey Kira!" They both say in unison.

"Omg! I love your outfit!" Alicia says turning around on her seat.

"Why thank you! But yours looks better than mine." Its true. Her dress does look really cute.

"I know that! Don't flatter me." She sasses waving her hands in front of her and I roll my eyes at her.

"If you girls are done complimenting each other's outfit can we leave now?" Randy asks clearly irritated and pulls the car out of my driveway.

"Well someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed today." I tease him.

"Actually I did wake up on the wrong side today. I woke up on the floor because Alicia here pushed me down!" he says glaring at Alicia.

"Well yeah because I wanted to pee and you were on top of me so I couldn't move. I tried waking you up but you wouldn't budge so I had to push you off of me." She says in a duh voice and that was enough for me to burst out laughing.

"I wasn't on top of you." He defends scoffing and this just makes me laugh even harder.

"You were darling. You were." She says and pecks him on the lips.

"Ew! PDA!" I shriek and cover my eyes just to make them more embarrassed and it did work. Both of them were blushing as red as a tomato.

                          *.                   *.                    *. 

We finally reach the party. The house is completely packed and I don't like crowded places. I'd rather sit in my house and watch some stupid movie while wondering why my life is so stupid. Alicia practically forced me to come with​ her saying that I need to learn how to have some fun. But I think I am fun, just in my own way.

I slowly get out of the car and close the door behind me. From the look of things it seems like everyone's already wasted. The party didn't even start for Lord's sake!

I sigh when Alicia practically drags me towards the door. Randy left saying he has to go meet his friends and that he will catch up with us later.

Alicia pulls me towards a group sitting in a circle drinking and talking and laughing among themselves. And just by looking at them I know that they are the type of people who think they are so 'cool and amazing' to hang out with normal people. Like me. I also know this because they are unfortunately in the same college as me.

"Hey guys I'm back! Who missed me?" Alicia asks earning a few 'hey' and 'wat's up' and 'Na we didn't miss you' to which she rolled her eyes. I don't know how she does this. Be so carefree. This is the difference between me and her. She is one of those people who are friendly with everyone. And anyone would love her even before they get to know her. But me on the other hand is completely opposite. I don't mingle with people easily.  We are polar opposites.

"This is my best friend Kira." She introduces me.

"Hello." I greet them to which some nod their heads while others don't even bother look at me. I sigh and act like as if I'm not hurt. Soon enough they are  all drowned in their own conversations leaving me to sit their awkwardly. It's half past midnight and so far this party is teaching me the definition of boredom. I decide that I need to get out of here or I'm going to loose it.