Where babies come from...

'Thought'

"Dialogue"

Kurama

_________________________________________

A million thoughts per second were passing through Naruto's head as the shock of what he was observing turned into blind panic. How could this happen? Why did this happen? How come he never knew anything about this? How come he never noticed? How come he never heard?

Hinata has a child??!

He rubbed his eyes and readjusted them hoping that what he was looking at was some sort of optical illusion. A genjutsu applied to him by a cruel rival.

"Dispel!" he angrily said as his left hand performed the basic genjutsu dispelling hand-seal.

Nope. Not an illusion.

Hinata was still standing in front of him with a kid tied around her waist on a sling, carrying it and lovingly smiling at it as it hugged her and suckled on her neck. She was holding a couple of bags filled with groceries.

The image was incredibly cute on its own, but to Naruto it caused an insurmountable amount of pain.

He looked at the kid that Hinata was carrying. It was a little girl a bit older than two. Two and a half at most.

The gears inside Naruto's head started to move. Two and a half years old. This meant she met the child's father before the war. Maybe a little bit after Pein's invasion.

Around the time she told him she loved him.

Feelings of bitterness and betrayal started to surface. Sure he never answered her confession, and she probably didn't mean that she loved him in a romantic sort of way, but the​ mere thought that she had another man's child during that time...

Who was the father? How come he never heard anything about this, until now?

He had to get to the bottom of this!

He gritted his teeth and approached the white-eyed kunoichi as calmly as he could. He tried to appear as calm as possible considering​ the circumstances.

"H-hey Hinata!"

Dammit! He couldn't prevent his voice from stuttering. He meant to sound cheerful and confident, but seeing Hinata carrying another man's child...

Still, it was enough to attract Hinata's attention.

"Oh! Naruto-kun!"

Her face brightened up like the sun and smiled warmly as she dashed towards him, her bags still in her hands.

It only made Naruto more angry at her. How could she smile like this when she was carrying another man's child! Shouldn't she be embarrassed or something?

Okay, she shouldn't, she wasn't his girlfriend or his wife or anything.

It still hurt though.

"Imagine meeting you here."

"Yeah. Imagine that. Bumping into you like this..."

That was a bold-faced lie. When he was informed that Hinata had returned early to the village from her mission with Team Eight, he used his Sage mode to track her down. He really wanted to spend some time with her. Ever since she started taking care of him, helping him adjust to life with one arm (that damn prosthetic wouldn't​ be ready for a few more months at least) he had grown to be quite attached to her. She was becoming a part of him and he actively sought to spend as much time with her as he could.