Chapter 1: The Mysterious Photographer

'Thoughts'

"Dialogue"

Sukea held the camera in his hand and inspected it curiously. It was definitely lighter that what he expected. The last time he saw a camera it was in his teen years. Back then, he tried to see Kakashi's face, to at least catch a glimpse of it, and expose it for all the world to see. The camera back then was huge, you needed both hands to actually hold it, and it felt rather heavy...

...he prefered that camera, he knew how to use that camera. All he had to do, was go to a dark place, put a film in it, close the cap and it was ready to wind and go.

But this camera, this freaking camera, was a mystery! There were no caps, no films nothing! All it had was a few buttons and a screen at the back which was currently black. Nothing about this thing made any sense!

He pressed a button...Nothing...

He pressed another button.... Still nothing!

Cold sweat started covering his body.

'How the hell am I supposed to use this thing?!'

Well, he better figure it out... very soon...

The wedding was about to start...

And he was supposed to be the photographer for crying out loud!!

He didn't want to do this. He didn't want to even be here. He didn't think he even deserved to be here, after everything he had done. Not after he had wronged so many of the people that were going to be present.

But Kakashi was persistent. He kept badgering him to come back and attend the wedding, sending him hawk message after hawk message. No matter how much he had tried to cover his tracks, the hawks kept finding him and pestering him to come back. He chose to ignore the messages and use them to light up fires that warmed his cold nights in the desert. But then came a hawk message that he just couldn't ignore...

...it contained a picture of his first kiss...

...He was back in Konoha in less than three days.

He quickly made his way to the Hokage building slammed open the door of Kakashi's office and very angrily inquired where the hell he got that picture.

The Sixth Hokage reminded him that he used to be in ANBU, and that he and Naruto were under surveillance at the time. His first kiss was a rather amusing incident that was caught by some very expertly hidden cameras and was secretly passed around the ANBU squad as a source of mirth and laughter...

The Hokage kept a copy of the picture just in case he needed some leverage from him. He figured that now was the best time to use it.

"What do you want me to do?" the desert wanderer asked.

"Simple, I want you to attend the wedding, observe, and assist Captain Yamato in case anything goes wrong."

"And if I say no?"

"Then I will show this picture to anyone who asks me why you weren't present."

The wanderer was filled with cold unadulterated rage... He slammed his fist onto the Hokage's office.

"You're bluffing! You will never do such a thing because that would also affect Naruto!"

"Maybe... Maybe not. "

The sixth Hokage smiled widely behind his mask.

"You know she is also going to be there..."