The meeting

I have been diagnosed with Huntington's Chorea... A deadly disease that tends to come out at middle age, yet I was four when it started. The disease can kill in months or years, somehow as a four year old I felt that my life would be cut short, I knew my flame would die. I also knew that I had time, I could just feel the years fading away as my date of death came closer.
This didn't bother me though, I knew I could live happily even if my time was short. I could make others happy and I could be happy. My name is Blythe.
I spent most of my life in a small town in Ohio, but occasionally I got to see more of the world. My parents wanted to protect me from other illnesses worried it would speed up my illness, I knew they wouldn't. My parents always worried though. When I was eight we went on a road trip it was my first time out of Ohio and needless to say I was over excited.
We were only heading to San Antonio Texas but that was enough for me. I enjoyed every minute of the 4 week vacation that summer. Mostly because I had made a friend. While we were walking along the riverwalk I saw a little boy.
He looked extremely sad, so I walked over. We talked for a while and he would smile occasionally, but It seemed fake. Like he was never truly happy. I learned lots about him like his name was Tristram or as I called him Tris, he lived in a condo not far from the Alamo, and that he had lost his mother at a very young age. I never told him about my illness, something held me back. I felt if I told him any smile I had seen, fake or not, would disappear and his smiles always seemed to brighter the day.
Eventually I had to return home. As a goodbye I gave him a hug and a scarf. He smiled the dark blue scarf complimenting his light mocha skin, and ocean blue eyes. Our parents helped us stay in contact and by the time I was twelve, we texted everyday. He was my best and only friend, and I was his best friend out of many.
Out of the many kids whom he had befriended thanks to his top notch brain, I was the only one he considered his best friend.
I am turning 16 this summer and today I am moving from Ohio to San Antonio Texas, right next door to my very best friend.
Sadly, I won't be here for long I only have roughly three months to live and I can feel the time ebbing away as the river of death erodes the rocks that hold my candle. The wonderful flame that gave me my one life.