My First Time Kayaking

Elijah Klages

I remember the feeling of stepping out on the heated, relaxing, and soothing sand as it collapsed in overtop of my feet. The heated sphere in the sky lit up the beach and kept me cozy warm as its beautiful rays shot through the sky.

The perfect mix of the soothing sand and the warming sun made the memory that much more enjoyable. I looked across the shore and as I got to the end of the beach I saw kayaks laying in the sand. They where ragged and torn, but still glowing.

"THIS IS MY CHANCE," I thought as I screamed out to my mom.

"CAN I RIDE ONE!"

"Fine but don't get lost," She said as she instantly regretted her choice.

"YOU'RE AWESOME!" I yelled as I got the kayak ready

I was exhilarated to ride in a kayak for the first time. When it was ready I carefully slid in and grabbed my oar. I didn't use the buckle because I didn't want to get stuck upside down. I gave myself a push off of the beach and I instantly felt like I was flying, it was amazing. It was like I was hovering over a deep abyss of nothingness that never ends. Just weightlessly floating as I propelled myself across the water with the handheld motors. I felt like a bullet zooming through the air as light as can be at 500 mph.

I knew I had to tell my family how extraordinarily awesome the experience was.

I looked back and yelled "THIS IS AWESOME!" with tons of excitement and glee in my voice.

I paddled back to shore so that I could share the unforgettable experience with my parents.

"Its so fun!" I told them.

"I bet," my mom said In response

"It looked fun," my dad said

I was so exited when my grandparents showed up. I knew they would care when I told them.

"Kayaking is so much fun!" I exclaimed.

"Oh I love kayaking." My grandma said.

"Me too," I said.

I was happy to be able to make the connection with someone and from that moment on I knew I had a new passion.

About 3 minutes

372 words