Jayden

A young man named Jayden was laying on his bed. He had taken a nap after he had finished going on a walk to get himself lunch as well as picking up dinner for himself later on in the evening. After sitting up from his bed, rubbing his eyes, and stretching, Jayden then opened his closet. He looked around his closet for awhile before he found what he was looking for. Two things in fact. Those two things were his solid blue hoodie that he had hung up on his closet as well as his pencil box that was lying on the ground. Jayden then zipped up his hoodie that covered up his solid black t shirt and went downstairs into the junk room located in the attic underneath the garage. There, he grabbed a few stacks of printer paper from the printer and headed back upstairs to his room where he began drawing. Drawing was Jayden's passion as it was where his talents lie. He was very good at many things but above all of them, drawing was the one thing that he took very seriously. Jayden had been drawing for as long as he can remember as this was what his world revolved around. Just as Jayden finished his latest drawing, he felt a vibration from his phone. He checked to see that it was a call from his best friend Bella. Jayden put his phone up to his ear and answered the phone.
Jayden:Hey.
Bella:Hey there, Jayden. How's it going?
Jayden:It's fine.
Bella:So, your home alone, huh?
Jayden:Yeah.
Bella:Well, I just wanted to let you know that I have access to Hulu since I'm home alone too. That means we can watch Anime all week when you come over!
Jayden:"sighs" I'm sorry, Bella. I can't because I'm working on some stuff at home. Thanks for asking, though.
Bella:What are you talking about, drawing fanatic? You and I have been binge watching anime since we met! How could you say no?! Did something knock you over the head?!
Jayden:Look, I'm just not up for it today, Bella. I'll make it up to you somehow.
Bella:Ok, fine
Bella said with a sigh over the phone.
Bella:Just text me soon, ok?
Jayden:Ok.
Bella:See you later, then.
Bella said with much disappointment in her voice.
Jayden:See ya.
Jayden said with guilt written all over his face. He then hung up his phone, put it in his pants pocket, and put his hand through his light brown hair. Jayden later pulled out his backpack to get some notes from art class out of there. As soon as he did that, Jayden sorted the notes and put them back into his blue art folder. Jayden stored the notes into a section somewhere in his closet and shut the closet door as he did so. He felt bad because he did want to hang out with Bella but he just wasn't in the mood. After all, she was his dream girl, the kind of girl who listens to alternative metal on her iPhone, plays video games, and is an Anime fanatic. The reason why he wasn't in the mood to hang out with her was because of some issues that he has been dealing with, personally. Allow me to introduce our protagonist so you can get to know him a bit better. His name is Jayden Isaacson, a young man who grew up in downtown Seattle, Washington, living in a two story house with his parents Veronica and Joshua Isaacson in the Belltown neighborhood. Jayden was never really the talkative, social type as he often kept to himself. However, he had a lot of talent when it came to writing and drawing, especially drawing. Though his social life didn't seem that complicated, especially since he was on spring break at the moment and he had Bella as his only friend, the same can't be said for his world at home. His kitchen supervising mother Veronica was known in the community as a very upbeat and chatty women while his business major father Joshua was a man who seemed pretty chill and friendly around his clients, friends, and other people in the community. However, behind closed doors were Jayden's real view of his family. His parents were often fighting about their jobs, social life, and future together. Veronica was often complacent about certain subjects like her husband always working and how she needs to impress everybody she meets. Joshua was often cold and was not very cheerful when he got home from work as he was always on his laptop working and/or speaking with clients. Joshua and Veronica, however, were constantly denying that they were having problems to their son and insisted that they were a normal, happy couple. Normal, to Jayden, a word, at least to him, meant giving into what other people thought about him and acting like something he's not in order for people to like him. However, he learned pretty quickly that being normal was all his parents ever cared about. It was obvious that they were struggling to function and figured that if they appeared normal to everyone they meet, then people won't notice the inner chaos that was occurring right under everyone's noses. Jayden, however, wanted nothing to do with his parents fantasy and tried desperately to ignore their standards. However, they constantly belittled him every time he tried to question their martial problems as deep down, they feared that they're worlds would crumble if anyone would find out. Sadly for them, all of these issues, fights, and anxiety that was wrapped carefully and sealed tightly In a combustible bubble had finally popped during a simple dinner evening the Friday their son got home for spring break.
"Flashback to last Friday night"
Veronica:Joshua, say something! You haven't said anything since you got home!
Joshua:Veronica, don't speak to me! I had a very hard day at work and I don't need you bothering me!
Jayden"in thought" "sigh" Not this again.
His thoughts were interrupted by the sudden slam of salad his mother placed in the dinner table to the seat next to his left.
Veronica:Hey, you don't have any right to speak to me that way, Joshua!
Joshua stood up angrily from his seat to defy against his wife's tirade.
Joshua:I do if I want to be un-annoyed by my desperate-for-attention wife!
The shouting match between the two parents continued until Jayden made his way from the dinner table, put his hoodie over his head, and to the front door but not before heading up to his room and grabbing his headset. But just as he opened the front door, his mother stopped him.
Veronica:Jayden?
His mother said with much concern. Jayden only turned around to look at his parents while still holding the door.
Joshua:Where do you think you're going?
Joshua said sternly.
Jayden:Out.
Joshua:Out, where? It's dark out, not to mention it's raining cats and dogs.
Jayden just ignored his father and tried to make his way out but his mother's voice stopped him.
Veronica:Come on Jayden, you're fourteen years old and you need to quit acting like this. If this is about the issues you're dad and I have been having recently then I'm sorry but you need to understand that couples fight. That's called life and some day you'll have someone special that you'll be in a relationship with and you guys will have disagreements like this.
Jayden just turned his gaze away from his parents and responded back in a very monotone tone of voice.
Jayden:Yeah, right.
Before he could walk out the door, his mother snapped at him.
Veronica:Listen here, Jayden Isaacson, this is what normal families go through, ok?!
Suddenly, Jayden slammed the door and turned angrily back towards his parents.
Jayden:FAMILIES DON'T FIGHT FOR FOURTEEN YEARS!!
He suddenly screamed at them. His parents were outright shocked by his outburst as they had never seen their son so livid before. But before anything else could be said, Jayden walked away from his parents, slamming the door as he did so.
"Flashback ending"
That was only three days ago. Surprisingly, when he got back from his walk that day, his parents weren't there. He didn't know where they went. Honestly, at that point, he didn't care. The only thing he did care about is the fact that he would have to move in with one of his relatives or Bella if he was lucky enough. After a few moments of reflecting on what his choice might be in the near future, he decided to go for another walk to get some exercise and to clear his mind. Jayden got up from his bed and made his way to the bathroom where he had to make a quick trip before he went on his walk. Before he could get remotely close to the drive way from his house, something bizarre started to occur. A strange light started to engulf him. Before he could do or say anything, the aura engulfed him in its bright effect and swiped him from where he was standing. If you thought what just happened to him wasn't normal, wait till you see where he, and people he will soon meet, go next from here, as this is not where the tale ends, viewers.
No, this is where the true story will soon begin.