Background

The year is 1961. The place, New York City. The city crawls with hoodlums and greasers who are just looking to have a bit of fun- and break a few laws in the process.

One particular group of hoodlums isn't like the others in a few ways. The first being their superpowered abilities, another being the fact that the house they live in is really a training facility for children and teens with strange abilities, and yet another is their tendency to fight against super villains.

Of course, nobody else knows this; to the rest of the world, they're just a gang of hoodlums who rob stores, get in fights, smoke on street corners, and flirt dirty with whatever pretty chick or guy comes along.

The headmistress of their training facility is Dr. Laurie LaFair, a kind, quick-witted woman who has dedicated her whole life to finding teenaged hoodlums with superpowers and training them to be superheroes.

But now a new threat is beginning to emerge; one that could plunge the world into total chaos; a villain so powerful, the fight against him (or her) will prove nearly impossible; there will be death, there will be treachery, as the savage, violent, unpredictable part of human nature will be released. (Basically the villain(s) are making a machine that spins you around so fast the civilized part of you is ripped from your soul. But the heroes don't know that yet.)

Any questions? Ask away.