Welcome Back

It was all so perfect.

Disney...
Dinner...
My proposal...
Everything was LITT!
Until we got home...

Last thing I remember is screaming my baby's name before it all went black. I think I died. I was like... soaring past the stars when her voice called me back.

"We're here!" She cried out to me, "Don't leave yet....Stay with us...."

I floated through the galaxy following her woeful pleas back to reality. When I woke up my body felt lifeless and heavy. I squinted as the bright hospital lights invaded my sight. I noticed my little Pryncess in the chair next to me snoring lightly. I was again reminded of the weighted feeling in my body when I reached out to her. I kinda panicked when I realized it was tubes up my nose & down my throat causing me to cough violently.

"Mommy!" Mari gasped fearfully as she hopped up from her seat & ran to my bed side just as a nurse came in.

"Aah! You're awake." She stated while dialing on her phone. She placed the iphone to her ear & spoke as she watched me choke.

"Kyng you're ok. Take slow deep breaths." She instructed calmly. "You have a breathing tube in your nose & a feeding down your throat. Just breathe with the intubator. You're ok. Just relax." She said in a soothing tone as she locked my gaze in hers with the phone still to her ear helping me to calm down a little bit.

"Dr. Burgess? She's awake." She patted my arm as she spoke into the phone. "Okay, thank you." She nodded with her response as if whoever was on the other end could see it before she ended phone call.

"Tamryn will you escort her little one into the waiting area with the others?" She instructed the other nurse who'd followed her in the room.

With a quick nod Tamryn followed her instruction gently grabbing Mari's wrist and speaking softly as she led my child out of the room. "Come on Mari. How about we go finish the picture for your mom?"

"But she woke up! I wanna stay!" My child pleaded.

"I know but now that she's awake the doctors can talk to her and help make her better. But they might have to do some scary stuff to her." Tamryn explained.

"Like what?" My Pryncess asked.

"Well like big needle pokes & x-rays & maybe even surgery. You don't wanna see that - trust me."
Tamryn scrunched her face as she spoke. "When the doctors are finished, then we can come back & see her ok?" My Pryncess gave a silent nod for her response as they exited the room.

"Now Kyng-" the initial nurse grabbed my attention, "Stay calm. I would like to remove your breathing tube. Do you think you can breathe on your own?" She peered into my eyes & spoke slowly.

I tried to nod but pain shot through my neck & my back.

"Try not to move your head & neck ok? It's still really delicate up there. Just blink for me. Once for yes. Twice for no ok?" The nurse instructed as she peered into my eyes.

I bucked my eyes wide before shutting them tight to show her how bad I wanted her to snatch this shit up outta me. #Pause

"Ok just lie back & relax. You may feel the urge to gag or vomit as I pull out the tube ok?" She warned as she stood over me.

I blinked again and braced myself. Shortie was right. As she removed the tube I felt my insides trying to come up & out through my nose with it. I automatically coughed and choked on the damned feeding tube that was still down my throat.

"Ms. Anders! You're awake!" A short, fat doctor with a bald spot & pretty blue eyes burst in with a smile. "It was pretty touch & go for a while there...How are you feeling?" He stood over me next to the nurse with that same extra friendly smile.