Chapter 1

Riley's POV

My name's Riley Winters. I'm 17, about 5'6", average build, I have short teal hair with a couple pieces framing my face, blue-green eyes and an eyebrow piercing in my left eyebrow. Oh, I'm a lesbian. I've known since I was 12 when I kept daydreaming about Megan Fox. That doesn't help my life at home, though. My dad, if you wanna call him that, abuses my little sister and I when he's drunk, which is nearly everyday since our mom left a year ago. To cope, we both cut ourselves. We sometimes wish we'd stop breathing. That is, until I met the most beautiful girl. Well, I didn't actually meet her in person. We both met on this cool writing site called Wattpad. She lives in England, 5 time zones away. She's already got a tight hold on my heart even though we met over a week ago.

I was currently on there, messaging her, My screen name is BloodyBeauty and her's is SeductiveEmo. It was the weekend so we had more time to talk. I was always happier when we got to talk. Besides my little sister, Willow, Remi makes me feel like life is worth it.

BloodyBeauty: Hey there, babe *winks*

I knew she blushed when I called her babe. I waited 5 minutes then she finally replied.

SeductiveEmo: *blushes* U know how that affects me *smiles*

BloodyBeauty: *grins* Yep and you're cute when u blush

No sooner had I sent that, I got an immediate reply.

SeductiveEmo: I gtg but I'll try to b back as soon as possible

I log off my account for a little bit, head over to my bed, take my phone out, put my earbuds in, lay on my bed, closing my eyes while listening to Rebel Love Song by Black Veil Brides. Halfway through, I feel someone plop on my bed. I open my eyes and smile at my little sister, taking out my left earbud out.

"Hey there, spazz." That was my nickname for her since she's usually hyper. She smiles and snuggles into my left side, something she's done since she was 1. I kiss the top of her head.

"Riley, I need to talk to you. But promise not to freak out." I nod, knowing I could never be mad at her. She sighs, she's got her thinking face on complete with her tongue sticking out the right side of her mouth.

"Ok. You know your friend, Drake?" I nod. Drake is like the brother I always wanted. She closes her eyes and continues.

"I kinda, um, like him." I can see the light blush on her cheeks. I sigh, knowing that this crush isn't gonna go away. I don't really know what to say to Willow.

"Willow...you'll just have to ask him." I smile and she hugs me. She kisses my forehead and giggles.

"Thanks, sis." She runs out of my room to hers, which is across the hall. I let out a deep sigh. I place my arm across my face as I put my earbud back in and continue the song. I can't believe my 13 year old sister has a crush on my 18 year old best friend. I go through my gallery, seeing what pics I could post for Remi. I find a couple that Willow took of me at the pool, I was wearing my black bikini in all of them. I know these would get Remi's attention. I fall asleep with a smile on my face.

I'm jolted awake by Willow running into my room an hour later. I groan as she shakes me awake. I wake up, seeing the terrified look on her face. I take my earbuds out as she cries.

"Willow, what's wrong?" I hate seeing my little sister cry, I look down and see she has a 3 inch fresh cut on the inside of her right arm. I run to my bathroom, grab a hand towel and hold it on her arm. She continues to cry and doesn't say anything.

"Willow, did u talk to Drake?" She nods lightly. I sigh, knowing he rejected her. I hold her close and hum Fallen Angels for her, that song always calms her down. She slowly calms down and I know I should talk to Drake but I can't now, because Willow is more important. I reach into my drawer, grab some ointment and gauze. I take the towel away as I put the ointment on the cut and wrap the gauze around it. She doesn't say anything but instead, she lays next to me and falls asleep, I guess she doesn't wanna be alone tonight.