The Tycoon Meteor

"Dad! Please, don't leave! If you do, I'll come with you!"

These were the words of a young woman named Lenna as she was pleading to his father, King Tycoon, to not go to the Wind Shrine.

"But I have to, Lenna. The wind's getting weaker, and I have to check what has happened to the Wind Crystal." Lenna almost couldn't accept his father leaving. Later, King Tycoon saddles on his wind drake, Shinryu, and says farewell to Lenna.

Many people have also felt the wind weakening, and have wondered why.

Meanwhile, a meteor had crashed on a valley near the Tycoon Kingdom. The crash was so strong that it was heard to the farthest mountain to the west, where a man and his pet chocobo, Boko, were camping. Both of them were stunned as they heard the crash, and decided to find out where it was. Of course, they can't leave without putting out their campfire!

They finally reached the valley where the meteor crashed. "Stay here, Boko." Boko faithfully obeyed his master. As the man walked near the meteor, he was shocked at the sight of a young woman being carried away by two goblins. It was a good thing that he brought along his shortsword, as he used it to get rid of the goblins.

The young woman was Lenna. "Uggghhh...what happened?"

"I saw you unconscious and being carried by two goblins. Can you remember what happened?"

"Well," answered Lenna, "My father has gone to the Wind Shrine, and I wanted to go with him, but he wouldn't allow me, so I..."

"I see," said the man.

Then, Lenna had come into realization. "I am truly in your favor, and I can almost do anything in return. Do you mind telling me your name?"

"Not at all. My name is Bartz."

"Bartz..."

And then there were a few moments of silence.

"Oh well, I think I need to continue my way to the Wind Shrine," said Lenna.

"Miss, you can't go alone this time. I have to come with you."

At that moment, they both heard a weak moaning.
"Auuuugghhh...uugggghhh..."

They wondered where it came from. Then, Bartz pointed to somewhere. "Over there!" They both hurried to the east side of the meteor.

"Auuuggghhh...where am I? What happened?" It was an old man, over sixty years old.

"Looks like you hit your head pretty hard," said Bartz.

The old man tried to gather his thoughts together. "Oh! I remember something!"

"What? What is it?"

"My name is Galuf!"

"That's a start!" said Lenna, "Do you remember anything else?

"No, nothing more. My mind is just an empty void of space."

Bartz and Lenna hung their heads. "I truly thank you for your help, Bartz," said Lenna, "But I have to go now to the Wind Shrine."

"The Wind Shrine!" interjected Galuf, "Now that you mention it, I have a feeling I have to go there!"

"What? Are you certain?" asked Lenna.

"Yes, I am certain. Please, let me come with you, miss! I fell it in my bones that I should go to the Wind Shrine!"

Lenna hesitated for a while. "Okay, Galuf. I'll let you come."

Galuf was filled with much joy after she said this. "Thank you very much miss!"

As they were going to go, she turned around and said to Bartz, "Oh, and Bartz, my name is Lenna."

Bartz did not go with her as she was with Galuf.