Quiet {A Link Song-Fic}

LIGHTS- Quiet

~~~~~ { }~~~~~

I'm not yours, and you're not mine

But we can sit and pass the time

No fighting wars, no ringing chimes

We're just feeling fine

An audible sigh of satisfaction filled the warm summer air. The blonde boy turned to the girl, a kind smile plastered on his face.

He understood her reasoning: Ganondorf was defeated and Hyrule was saved.

She felt his azuline eyes on her and turned to him, slightly lifting her thin eyebrows in surprise. A smile that matched his quickly came upon her face.

This is where we're supposed to be

Sitting by a broken tree

No tragedy, no poetry

Just staring at the sky

The atrous haired girl looked up at the sky.  “Hey, Link! That cloud looks like a bunny!” she yelled childishly as she briskly sat up straight from the log she previously leaned on.

Said man softly chuckled and focused his eyes on the leucochroic cloud she had pointed at.

“You’re right. It does,” he smiled.

After such a lengthy time of cluelessness on what to do the first day after their triumph, they had finally decided on one thing: to watch the clouds.

Now this would have been different if they hadn’t spent most of their time fighting those execrable servants of the evil “king” and instead going about their ways that they normally did before. On the contrary, if they didn’t go off on their deeds, they would have been killed, Ganondorf would have taken over, and the whole world would have turned into an eternal hell on earth mashed with destruction, chaos, hatred, and that sickening evil laugh of his. Not that hell wasn’t like that in the first place…

Caught up in all of this crap, the two had stuck to staying serious and getting their job done, momentarily almost forgetting what the hell it was like before all that happened.

How pitiful,right?

I could wait a thousand hours

Stay the same in sun and showers

Pick apart a hundred flowers

Just to be quiet

Tell me when you feel ready

I'm the one, there's not too many

Hold my hand to keep me steady

Just to be quiet

With you

She gently tore the petals off of the sunflower she had picked out of the meadow of heterogeneous blossoms.

‘He loves me, he loves me not’

Those words repeated in her mind, for it would have been awkward and revealing if she said it aloud.

She smiled at that thought. Knowing Link, he might not have realized who she was picking the oh so fragile flower petals for.

Unknown to the young man, she always enjoyed spending time with him. She’d go through considerably extensive lengths just for these moments.