March 19th, 3046

(This takes place 11 years after the first attack)

It was early in the morning the day of March 19th when I started to notice the missing books on my shelf. I had begun to search for these books anywhere I think I possibly could have left them. I decided on the only answer that could possibly be true, a troll. Trolls are said to steal stuff all the time especially in fairy tales. Fairy tales have been around forever but now are not commonly told in our small city of Oak wood, also known as the last city on the whole earth. Fairy tales are known as stories with happy endings, and in today's world those endings and happiness itself seems to not exist. I have many memories of my mother when she would read to me before I went to bed, she would always say to me "Blair someday you're going to find that prince charming and live a happy ending just the way the world wants you to." She'd then smile at me and kiss the top of my head. It pains me when I think about those stories because my mother isn't here with me anymore, neither is my father and it was all caused by the world.

I woke up to the sound of my brother dropping what sounds like a pan on the floor. I jolted up out of bed and ran into the kitchen. My brother lay on the floor with a pan in hand and eggs now plastered on the counter behind him and some in his hair. "Heh good morning little sister, sleep well?" he gave me a childish grin. "Good morning to you too clumsy." I laughed and smiled at him. "I'm the kid around here Carter, you're 25." He got up from his place on the floor and patted me on the head. "You'll be 25 someday kiddo." I smiled at him and playfully punched his shoulder. "Blair why would you do that?" He said as if he was mimicking a child. I rolled my eyes. "Now clean up your egg mess you big baby." "ouch Blair I'm no child." Carter frowned and walked over to the sink and grabbed a rag. "Get ready for school kiddo, as soon as you're ready we will leave and get a donut or something on the way to school." I walked out of the kitchen and rushed to get ready.

"Donut or biscuit?" Carter said while he examined the shelf of breakfast food. "How about both?" I asked looking over his shoulder. "How about no that is too many carbs doll." "Fine whatever Carter just get me a donut then." He grabbed a donut from the shelf and walked to the cash register as I followed. "That will be $1.25 sir." The casher said to my brother. My brother fiddled in his pocket and fished out his wallet and $1.25. "Have a lovely day sir!" The casher flashed us a big bright smile. "You too!" My brother called back. We walked out of the doors of the store and to the car where I climbed in the passenger seat and he climbed in the drivers seat. He started the car and we were off to another normal day in the last city on earth.

I opened the passenger door and climbed out to the long sidewalk that leads up to the main entrance of the school. I watched my feet as I walked, somewhat fascinated by the way I walked. I walked along the path till I finally reached the schools entrance. I walked into the crowd of people. I have always wondered if it would look like if 3/4 of the population hadn't have been demolished. Father used to always tell me stories about how crowded he had felt in the halls of high school. I had always asked that question after I watched a more modern version of High school musical. I frowned thinking back to when he and mother were still alive and able to hold my hands and tell me so many stories. They are the reason I even bother to dream anymore. No one is allowed outside the cities boundaries, not unless you want to be attacked by the monsters or the people driven insane by the horror of war. We are safe here unless they attack again.

The school day seemed to go on and on until everything became a blur. I didn't have any true friends just a few people I talk to in some classes. My favorite class of the day is English which happens to also be the last hour. The bell rung signaling it was time to go to the last hour of the day, 7th hour. I walked the long hallway till I found my favorite room. I walked in and took my normal seat in the back of the class and waited for the bell to ring. My teacher walked in a few minutes later and the bell rung. "Good after noon class happy Friday." Mrs. Belle said as she walked to her desk. She sat down in her tall chair. "Class today I am assigning you to write a five page story on something that makes you either feel sad or angry." She crossed her arms on her desk and smiled at us. In the back of my mind I could already think of a few things, 3035, my parents, my lack of friends and for some reason my existence came into mind. I got into my bag and fished out five sheets of notebook paper and a pencil and began to write about whatever first came to mind.

After school Carter was waiting in the long line of cars until he eventually made his way to the front and I opened the passenger door and stepped in. "Hey kiddo, what did you do today?" "Nothing really, besides a five page story in English over something that makes us sad or angry." I placed my bag on my lap. "Well, what are you doing it on?.." "How 3035 March 24th took my parents and left 1/4 of the population hopeless." My brother sighed. "We don't talk about that anymore remember it's not something worth remembering." He got an upset look in his eyes and watched the road. I sighed and stared out the window as the rest of the day decided to go on and on.

(Hey guys! I have a lot of stuff planned for this book and it also is my first book on Wattpad I'm sorry if it is boring right now but it will definitely get better! I hope you did enjoy!)