Raksha Bandhan

It is a Hindu festival where sister's tie rakhi in their brother's wrist and brothers protect them.

I hurriedly finished all my chores:ate my dinner, brushed my teeth and homework. Then I ran to my room.Before I could go my mother asked,"What's the rush Sneha? You do not have to go somewhere this late." I told my mom" Mom actually I forgot to do my assignment.Then I rushed to my room.
     I quickly took a sheet of paper and a pen and started scribbling on it....
Dear Bhaiya
It's Raksha Bandhan today.All my friends at school were so excited.They showed me colourful rakhis which they had purchased for their brothers .They were so gleeful about the gifts that they would  get from their brothers.Sharmila said that once her brother fought with their neighbour's son as he had been teasing her for quite some time.Bhaiya, I am not complaining and I am very happy for my friends.But I feel jealous and I really miss you.Would you not come in the day of Raksha Bandhan.Are you that angry with us.
    I almost didn't notice my sister standing right behind me, reading the whole thing!I screeched,"Haven't you heard about the thing called privacy?"She sneered,"So this was your assignment. A letter to your bhaiya!
She continued,"What can he do that I can't do?" " My bhaiya can protect me from all those dangerous guys out there!"I announced promptly." "So am I".She said."I am learning Karate.If anybody so much as touches your hair I'll give them a nice solid kick."I hid my smile in a cough.In my hurry to write a letter to my brother I'd forgotten to think about my little sister. As we hugged each other my sister gave her parting shot,"Oh,  there's one more thing that I can do and Bhaiya can't." I waited for her to complete her thought.She continued," I can protect you for real! Not like your imaginary brother!"
    I stood there laughing at my only sibling.....not sure whether I was laughing at her or myself.Who said Raksha Bandhan can only be celebrated with brothers.It is the jet age and in this age SISTERS ROCK TOO!

It is the jet age and in this age SISTERS ROCK TOO!