CinderEmma~Prologue

Once upon a time...

 There was a young girl named Emmaline who lived with her mother and father in the charming countyship Evergreen in the kingdom of Katalonia. Emmaline’s parents were the beloved Duke and Duchess of Evergreen and her best friend, Violet was the daughter of Emmaline’s parent’s advisors.

For five years Emmaline and her parents had the perfect lives until a letter showed up at their home from the King one day. It asked Emmaline’s father to travel to the palace because there was urgent business that the King had to go over with him. The journey to Katalonia City, where the palace is located, was only an hour's carriage ride away, however Emmaline’s father, and the rest of his guard, were ambushed while crossing through the Elven Forest by bandits, and were all killed.

Several years passed and Emmaline was eight years old. Her mother had just remarried to a man named Sir Richardson. He had two daughters Sadie and Hadley. Emmaline’s mother trusted to him to help her run the countyship since it was becoming too difficult for her to manage on her own. What Emmaline’s mother didn’t know was that Sir Richardson was a wicked man. Sir Richardson, Sadie, Hadley, Emmaline, and her mother lived happily together for several months before Sir Richardson’s greed for power and wealth took over. Emmaline walked in to the kitchen one night to find her mother dead and Sir Richardson holding the bloody knife.

Many years passed and Emmaline grew up being a slave in her own home to Sir Richardson, Sadie, and Hadley. Our story begins when Emmaline is 17 years old and an invitation for the Royal Ball arrives.

Hey Thanks for reading! This is dedicatd to bacutie4eva because one chapter in her story Surviving the Mclane Brothers inspired this story

Please vote comment and share!