Prolouge

I love the way how the cold breeze caress our bare skin as we lay on the grass.
We watched those candle lights like that shone above at the night horizon.
It's so delightful to listen at the chirrups of the crickets.
The only warm feeling is her, laying at my left arm.

This night is perfect.

So I stand up to take the opportunity.
She stand up too with her face in complete puzzle.

"What's the matter?", she said in soft tone.

I didn't anwer.

A moment of  silence.

Then . I finally found my words.

"The moon. And the Earth. Was perfectly made for each other. The moon orbits the Earth just to give light in it's dark side. While the Earth's existing is the very purpose of the Moon."

"So what do you mean?", she said with confusion.

"You are my Moon. I hope that I'm your Earth. Your world."

Her mouth hang open. She seems like she can't find a single word.

"I love you Laterose.", I finally said.

She didn't reply.

Instead.

She cried.

"You shouldn't!", she said.

"Why?", I said in disbelief. "I thought.... I thought...", And my eyes were blinded by tears.

"I'm sorry Edward. But...", it was cut by the sound of a gunshot.

Panic ran through my veins. The last thing I do is put Laterose behind me from the where the gunshot came from.

"Well. Well. Well. What a breathtaking scene. I wish I can watch the two of you a little longer. But. You know Edward? It hurt me a lot. If you're not going to end up with me, then the best thing I will do is to kill you both.", Zaiah laugh evilly.

"How could you kill your own sister?!", I shouted bravely.

"She's not my sister!", she shouted back.

Another gunshot. Laterose held me tight at my back. Warm drops of tears falls on my shirt. The loud thud in my chest is the only thing I can hear that moment.

"Leave Laterose alone! If you want me then take me. Just let her go away."

"Do you really think it's that so easy Edward? I'll kill the both of you and kill myself too. So the three of us will meet in hell in eternity."

"Laterose, when I say run. Run like you'd never run before.", I whispered to her.

"How about you?", she said shakily.

"I'll take that gun that she's holding away from her."

"No. You get yourself killed."

"Look, I bettet take the risk or we'll end up killed. You see that car of hers? That one? Near that oak tree?"

"Yes I see."

"Run like hell and get inside of it. Then drive away safely."

"No I'm not leaving you behind."

"Listen to me Laterose just once. Don't be so stubborn."

"I just can't leave you. You know that. I can't."

"You should."

"If I leave, what's the purpose of the Moon if she lose her Earth?", she cried again. It softens me.

I try to fight my tears. I closed my eyes as I said this. " Then you... you should find another world."

"No! I can't"

"Yes you can.", then I give her a bittersweet smile. My way of saying goodbye.

"Run!", I shouted at the top of my lungs.

Then I bull myself through Zaiah whose confusely aiming the gun between me and Laterose.

The last thing I remember, I was chasing Zaiah as she chase Laterose. We're headed to the car.

Then all went black.

I think it's how death look like.

Or maybe hell.

Dream is just a fantasy.
Reality is nightmare.

I'm in a neverending nightmare.

When I open my eyes. It's all white. Not bad. I think. Maybe I'm not in hell at all.

As my vision adjust. I saw faces of strangers. Yet, so familiar in my memory.

This is a the reality.

I'm in a nightmare.