Capítulo único

In ancient times the world was divided into only two classes: the beasts and humans. Beasts worked for humans and humans held political and economic power. At that time, beasts and humans lived together peacefully, until hunger, scarcity and ill-treatment led many beasts to rebel against humans. Many died, many suffered, and beasts were hunted to death.

Years passed, and only one Beast escaped. She went to live hidden in the forest. But near the forest there was a castle in which a lonely queen lived. She remembers that when she was only a child, the beasts killed her parents. She was never the same and kept hate in her heart. She was willing to capture the beast that had escaped her hands and make her pay for what happened in the past. Her beauty was angelic, long brown hair, her green eyes and mouth red as rose, but her soul was darkened and she could no longer smile.

One day the beautiful young queen heard a roar of the beast coming from the forest. She immediately knew he was alive and told the hunters to come after her and bring him still alive. And so the hunters did it.

The same night, they arrive at the castle with the beast all tied up. One could also see a muzzle in his head. His gaze was sad, unlike the hunters who laughed.

The beast is taken to the queen and she locks him in the dungeon, without water or food. She just orders the hunters to remove the muzzle. She wanted only to be alone with the beast.

"You're a murderous demon!" She shouted, holding on to the dungeon grilles, looking coldly at the beast".

The beast said nothing.

"You'll never leave here, because your family killed my family!"

The beast said nothing.

The beast then pulled a rose from her pocket, a little wrinkled, but still had not lost its blood color.

"What is it?" Asked the beautiful queen.

"I'm innocent, but I can apologize for my family's mistake".

"I do not want this." The queen refused the rose and left the dungeon.

The next day, the queen soon brings a meal to the beast.

"Thank you. You are too kind", said the beast.

"Gentle? It's not because I'm feeding you that I'm gentle. You will not leave this place, because you are a heartless beast".

The beast said nothing.

Noting that every day the beast was grateful for their meals, the queen finally asked.

"Why do you always thank me for seeing me, and will you greet me with a smile if I keep you in a cage?"

"Because I understand your pain and I want to repay you".

"Are you crazy, fierce? I do not need a reward".

"We are all worthy of reward".

"A murderer is not worthy and no reward".

"I did not murder anyone, I didn't support that rebellion, beacuse I was only a child. I only know that everyone was starving and ill-treated, so they did that".

"Are you telling the truth, beast?"

"Yes, i am. You can kill me if you want. I will die for everything that has already happened to you".

"If you're innocent, it does not make sense to want to die."

"If you do not kill me I promise to protect you forever."

"Do you want to protect a woman like me?" I am a despicable being who keeps an innocent prisoner".

"You are beautiful. Look at me, everyone is afraid of me. I'm horrible and they call me a killer".