I Could Have Saved It

"Where are we going, Percy?" Thalia asked.

     Percy held Thalia's hand and started to run. "We're going to Nico. Someone wants to see you, Thalia."

     Thalia wondered who and why so she just followed him.

     They arrived at an empty lot, right beside the cemetery. The ground was dug up to three feet. Nico was sitting at the edge, constantly throwing Happy Meals.

     "Where's that someone?" Thaloa questioned.

     "Just wait Thalia, he's coming." Nico muttered. His eyes were bloodred, like he was crying.

     "It's Bianca." Percy whispered to Thalia's ear. "He just called Bianca."

     Thalia then cringed. She slightly knew what would happen next.

     "He's here." Nico said.

     A figure stood at the ground that was dug out. He had short-cropped sandy blonde hair, an athletic build and blue eyes. He was tall, probably 6'1" and very handsome. But he had a scar that ran from the bottom of his eye to his chin.

     "Hi Thalia." he looked at her with his daring eyes.

     "Luke!"  Tears fell from Thalia's eyes. "Why do you want to see me?"

     He touched Thalia's shoulder. He was a soul but Thalia could feel the solidity of his body. His voice cracked as he started to cry too. "I want to say I'm sorry. For everything that I did. To you. To Annabeth. To everyone else."

     "I forgave you. Ever since."

     "I want to make sure. I am really sorry." he said. "We could have been a family. But I threw it all away."

     Thalia's eyes were filled with tears. "Luke-"

     "I could have saved it. I'm sorry."

     "Luke. I... I love you."

     He wiped the tears from Thalia's eyes. "I love you too Thalia. Since we we're young." Then, Luke kissed her.

     Before he disappeared he said another thing. And Thalia didn't care if he repeated it.

     I love you...

     She repeated those words agaon and again in her head.

     Then she replied again and again.

     I love you too....