Simple Pleasures.

Simple Pleasures

Chapter One.

-Dawn-

The annoying ringing of my alarm clock filled my ears, causing me to get up. I opened my eyes, as the sunlight pierced my eyes, causing me to look in the other direction. I groan, turning over to shut it off. I sit up, getting out of my suddenly comfortable bed. I head over to my dresser, pulling out the drawer. I pulled out a white v-neck, and a pair of black skinny jeans. For me, it’s a pretty common outfit. I strip down, pulling on the new fresh clothes.

I head over to my mirror, staring back at myself. I sigh, knowing I wasn’t satisfied. Then again, when am I ever satisfied. I head back other to my dresser, where I kept my small collection of jewelry. I leave the piercing in my nose, as I put my black plugs in to match my outfit. I take out my tongue piercing, remembering that I clean my piercings almost every week or less. I carefully put a new one in, putting the other one down somewhere.

I look around on my dresser, picking up some bracelets and putting them on. I look for a ring or two, then sliding them on my finger. I look around for my anchor necklace, soon finding it and putting around my neck. I then search around my room for my combat boots, sliding into them.

I headed to the bathroom, where I then fixed my hair. I decided to straighten it, since my natural waves weren’t looking great today. Next I put on a thick layer of eyeliner, since that’s all I normally wore. I looked back in the mirror, not satisfied with myself still.  I sigh, heading down the stairs smelling food already. “Dawn, is that you?” My mother asked. “Yeah mom, it’s me” I reply.

I made my way over to the table, smiling at my mother. “Are you hungry?” She asks nicely. “No thanks, I’m not that hungry yet” I reply. She nods, sipping her tea. “I’m going to go before I’m late, bye mom” I say, walking across the room. “Bye!” She replies. I grab my backpack, heading out the door. The cool air hitting my skin, as I walk out. I really wish I didn’t have to start at a new school.

I kept walking until I reached the school, kids already hanging on each other. Starting off as the new kid, isn’t very fun. I make my way over to the entrance, already getting stares. I look around, seeing maybe if there was a group of outcasts somewhere. I spotted a group or two, as I made my way inside.

Some girls were looking at me, as I rolled my eyes walking in the doors, where I was greeted by an average looking boy. “Hey girl, you new here?” He asked, winking. I raised an eyebrow, smiling. “Yes, yes I am” I reply. “Cool do you may-“ He started. “Bye!” I cut him off, then walking away. Call me rude to walk away like that, but it’s people like him that I don’t like.

I walk down to guidance, opening the big glass doors. “Are you here for your schedule?” The secretary asks, as I nod. “Alright what’s your name” She smiles. “Dawn Hunter” I reply. “Ah, here we go” She says, pulling out a paper. “Thank you” I say, putting on a fake smile. I could already tell half these teachers are already not going to like me. I head out, not bothering to hold the door open for the next student.

I look at the paper, memorizing the room number I have to go to. I suddenly felt someone next to me, as I look over seeing a gorgeous boy. “Do you need help?” He asks, smiling down at me. “Yeah, kind of” I reply, showing him my schedule. “Wow, we have the same classes, follow me” He replies, leading the way. I smile, thanking him on the way.

The warning bell rings, as we walk a little faster. “What’s your name?” He asked, smiling. “Dawn, Dawn Hunter” I reply. “Cool, I’m Carson” He replies. We soon get to the classroom, walking in. Carson leads the way to the back, since we didn’t want any attention getting drawn to us. I kick my feet up on the table, already seeing that the teacher wasn’t here.

Carson and I were talking until his name was being called. We both turned our heads, seeing this boy. I’m pretty sure he knew him, since his face turned nervous. “Yes?” He asked nervously, as the boy approached us. “Why would someone like you, be with a beautiful girl like her?” He spat, smiling at me. Most girls wouldn’t like a guy like that, and I know I certainly don’t.

I glared at the boy, as he returned a confused expression. “I don’t know why anyone would want to be seen with someone as rude as you.” I spat. His expression turned to anger, as he stomped off to go bother someone else. “Thanks” Carson said, smiling. “No problem.” I reply. If that moron is smart, he’ll never both Carson again.

Once the teacher arrived, his eyes already landed on me with a cold glare. “I see your new, feet off the desk” She spat, as I removed my feet from the table, rolling my eyes. “Welcome back everyone,” She started. “I will not be handing out your supply list, make sure you have them by next week” She smiled. “What is this elementary school? I thought this was high school” I snicker, as Carson laughs.

“What’s so funny?” The teacher asks, gaining another cold glare from the woman. “Oh, nothing” I smile. She rolls her eyes, then continuing to hand out the list. Shortly, the bell rang as Carson and I walked out the room happily. Carson and I made our way to our next class, gaining stares in the hallway.