Aftermath

The battle with Apocalypse had been and gone, but it still felt like it was a day ago to Hank, everything since then seemed like a blur, almost as if it wasn't real, the mansion was rebuilt in a matter of days and classes continued as nothing had happened, Charles seemed too focused on the school to even process what had happened but..after something like that he couldn't bare to think about it. Erik had his name cleared, once again and had decided to stay forever how long he planned before going off again, but Charles was far more clingy now, and was with him all the time. Hank didn't want to admit he was jealous but, when your first boyfriend died in an explosion he could have prevented, seeing them make out every five seconds and going on about them wasn't very settling for Hank, yet he put an invisible blanket over him printed with "Hey im fine, don't mind me, I'm going to carry on with my job as an only doctor in a school full of mutants that get hurt every day, but heh, don't worry about my dead boyfriend either"

that's what annoyed Hank the most, no-one had mentioned Alex's name and not even half of the school knew about his death, leaving Scott and Hank on their own, not even Charles seemed that bothered about it, he'd just say the same thing and tell him to try and move on,  but that was impossible when they'd been together since after Cuba, then Alex did somethi g stupid and left them for four years, joining the military and then spending a year with Scott until they met again on the fateful day that the mansion exploded. He could have stopped it, in so many ways, but that was Hank, selfish, stupid and stubborn as Raven had said after Cuba, which Hank held onto , even if she apologized a million times.

But Hank couldn't always  spend his days in a blanket eating junk food and messing around with little experiments, he had to teach his classes, and help out Kurt Wagner, who'd see him after lessons for an hour of English so he could be more fluent, and would teach him about American history and culture, which Kurt found interesting, and would happily spend Saturday mornings with him doing different experiments and tutoring him.

It was  a Sunday, so Kurt would be at church with Charles, so Hank was at the infirmary , running blood tests for students and filling in forms for his job that Charles would give him every month saying that he was doing his job properly. his head on the desk, his brown hair messy and his glasses half off his face. He jumped up when the door burst open and Jubilee ran in with her yellow coat flapping behind her, kneeling down panting                                                                                "Hank.....Ale-Alex. here . i can't run -" she breathed heavily and stood up looking at Hank who hesitated "What do you mean Alex?" he asked, his chest aching at the sound of his name.

"He....he's alive, Scott's with him on the field, hes hurt though" she mumbled, before Hank could say anything back he sprinted out, through the corridors and passed numerous pupis, reaching the field where he met a crowd by the pile of rubble from the crash 'shit' Hank thoght, he couldn't have been there all this time could he? he didn't want to think about it, he pushed past the muttering students before he reached a small clearing. Scott was kneeling with Alex on his lap, both talking when Alex looked up to see Hank and smirked a little.

'dammit Alex this is not the time to flirt, you have at least five injuries' he thought to himself and knelt down looking at him for any major or fatal wounds, not even realizing Alex had said anything until he felt him lift up his chin to look at him                                                                                     "You hear me? I said I hope you haven't done anything stupid while I've been gone, heh, not far" Alex mumbled, he probably said that because Hank and him had made an agreement the day he'd came back with Scott, which was that unless it was necessary, Hank wouldn't use the serum that would hide his mutation, probably because he didn't him to feel the need to hide it, but he'd forgotten knowing Hank, which made him feel even more guilty.

"No..I haven't..i promise, but you need to get to the infirmary, Scott can you call Kurt, even if he's at church, he needs to get here to take Alex to the infirmary, im not making you walk" he mumbled looking at Alex ans sighed. Scott nodded and fumbled through his pockets before pulling out his cell and dialing Kurt. Hank looked at Alex in disbelief and hugged him lightly making sure he wouldn't hurt him. A lex laughed lightly and hugged him with the one arm that wasn't broken in two places and sighed, getting the first warmth in days 

"Its okay beasty , i'm here now, and I'm not going anywhere this time" he cooed and kissed Hanks temple, knowing he was probably panicking. Hank let out a soft whine, a result of his more evolved mutation was that the feral part of him was a lot more stronger and influenced him more, blue or not. Alex smiled and stayed still for Hank while he began to check for wounds " One broken arm, two broken ribs, tissue damage on your chest and probably bruising on your legs" he mumbled, jumping a little as  a cloud of blue smoke appeared next to him and then Kurt knelt down catching his breath for a moment, looking to Alex and then Hank                          "I'll explain more later, but his names Alex.. the one i told you about..can you get him to the infirmary emergency area?" he asked. Kurt nodded and put  a hand on his shoulder, closing his eyes as the cloud swallowed them, Hank and Scott both exchanged a look, then they both began running o the infirmary and rushing to Alexs side.

it took a few hours to make sure Alex was in  a stable and painless condition before giving him some food. By then it was late and Scott had headed to his room for the night. Hank stayed at Alexs side watching and speaking to him  " you should be out in a day or two, god, i could hav-"    "Nope Mr. Mccoy i will not have you believing you are responsible for this. i am here and that whats matters." he smiled lightly and held his hand                                                                                          "Can i have cuddles?" Alex asked and pouted, Hank rolled his eyes playfully but nodded, he was in a sweater and sweatpants , and cuddled into him gently looking at him, Alex smiled and rested his forehead against his before kissing his lips "i missed you so much" Hank whispered.

"Hmm, you won't be saying that soon, but I have a lot to catch up with, four and a half years to be exact?"