♡ Chapter One ♡

Dodies POV; 

It was 2 am, and i'd woken up to my phone ringing. Opening my eyes and groaning out of exhaustion, I grabbed my phone off my night stand to see that my best friend, Connie, was calling me. My eyes suddenly widened as the phone stopped ringing - showing that she had called me four times in the past twenty minutes.  I hope everythings okay.  I thought as I sat up on my bed and called her back as quick as I could. 

Connie answered the phone immediately, sobbing through the phone, "Dodie, oh my god. I'm so glad you're up."

"I mean, I am now." I sighed, rubbing my eyes, "Connie, are you crying?" I responded softly, not wanting to freak her out.

She took a few seconds before responding again, still sobbing; "Do you mind if I come over?" she finally sniffled back. I didn't take a second to think before saying: "You can stay as long as you'd like." 

♥⚢♥⚢♥⚢♥

It wasn't long before Connie arrived at my house, knocking softly on the door. I couldn't help but frown as I imagined her melancholy face behind the door, crying over things her pretty little head shouldn't even have to worry about. But even when she cried she was beautiful, I love her. I want more than anything for her to be okay,  shes been having severe issues with her boyfriend recently - and that worries me more than anything.

I opened the door to find the small girl standing there, crying, as I suspected. But the odd thing was that she wouldn't look at me. "Hey, Connie? Are you okay?" 

She quickly looked up and ran to me, as if she were surprised to see me there. She continued to whimper as she wrapped her arms around me, whispering, "No. I can't go back there." and looked at me, finally revealing her face as she let go of my grasp. She had a bruised eye, as well as a busted lip. 

I gasped and grabbed her hand, pulling her to the couch and walking to the kitchen to grab some napkins, dampening them a bit to clean the dried up blood that remained on her face. If he did this to her I swear to god, i'm going to kill him. So many things were running through my head as I began to walk back to the couch, so much anger, so much..feeling. It hurts me to think of this happening to her, she's too valuable to be tossed around like something other than human. A living, breathing human.

When I reached the living room again, I sat next to her and looked her in her blue eyes and spoke softly as I started to wipe her lip a little, causing her to flinch. The first words to leave my mouth before a tear had rolled down my cheek were:  "Who did this to you?" 

She shook her head before wiping her face, "I can't tell you," and grabbed my hand, only to jump and pull away again, "it'll only make it worse." 

I didn't need to hear anymore, I knew who it was, and I wasn't going to let it happen ever again. Connie means everything to me, and I wasn't going to let some dumb guy get in the way of her happiness. I mean were just friends. I love her a lot, but i'm pretty sure she's straight anyways. Not that I feel that way about her or anything.

I nodded, "Okay, but you're staying here, and you're not going back to his house." I said, making her look at me.

"Okay." she gulped, looking into my eyes. 

"I'll pick up your stuff tomorrow, okay love?" I said finally, smiling sweetly at her to calm her down before holding my hand out, "Let's go lay down."

♥⚢♥⚢♥⚢♥

I woke up the next morning to find Connie snuggled up close to my chest, her arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled down at her and whispered, "I love you." Although she couldn't hear me, I still felt the need to say it. 

I gently began playing with her hair, the vibrant pink went so well with her bright blue eyes and colorful clothing. She was like a child, but in a way it was the cutest thing ever.  I couldn't get over just how gorgeous she was - I mean I don't like her or anything,  shes just the most beautiful girl I've ever laid my eyes on. 

"I love you too, Dodie." I heard the girl whisper back delicately, looking up into my eyes with the biggest smile on her face. 

Well, guess shes not asleep.

I chuckled and looked back at her, "Good morning sunshine, how'd you sleep?"

"A lot better than I would've if i'd been anywhere else." Connie responded, biting down on her bottom lip and looking down. Adorable.

I placed my finger under her chin and tilted her head back up , "I'm happy to hear that, sweetheart." 

Authors note:

Woah hi, first chapter is done woo go me! 

I tried my absolute hardest on this so I hope someone enjoys it?! Hopefully?!

I have two track meets next week so I don't know how often i'll be able to update, but i'll make sure I do as soon as possible.

Its 3 AM so goodnight, morning, afternoon, whatever time it  is for you right now <3

-Christa<33