Chapter 1

"Wake up! Breakfast is ready!" My mother shouts from outside my room. I stir and reluctantly get out of bed. I look for some clothes to wear at school today. I choose a simply blank black shirt and blue jeans.

I leave my room and enter the bathroom. I change my clothes, brush my teeth, and then brush my pale blonde hair. I finish getting ready and leave the bathroom.

I walk to the kitchen to see my mother eating at the table. I grab a plate and put some eggs and bacon on it. I grab a glass cup and pour orange juice. I take my plate and cup to the table. I eat and drink.

"Where's dad?" I ask my mom. She stops eating for a moment and swallows. "He went to work early today. He had a meeting today." She told me. I nod and continue eating. My father works for a business company.

He doesn't work for a very powerful one but it is still important. My mother works as a waitress at a diner. She loves her work, that's why she doesn't quit and get a different job.

"Are you staying after school today?" My mom ask me. I gulp down the orange juice. "Yup, today will be the last day though. Tomorrow is when we present our project. When I finish presenting it tomorrow, I'll show it to you. Ok?" I tell her while smiling. She smiles and nods.

I have a group project that I'm doing at school. I'll need to stay after school today to finish my part of the project.

I finish eating and put my dishes in the sink. I wash the cup real quick, but put water on the plate. "Have fun at school." My mom tells me. She kisses my forehead. I smile. "I'll try." I say. I leave the kitchen and grab my backpack.

I put it on and leave the house. I walk to the bus stop and sit at the bench. While waiting, I grab my phone and earbuds. I plug in the earbuds and put music on. I listen to music while I wait for the bus.

The bus comes and I get on it. I sit in the far back and wait for my stop at the school. I sit in the bus for a few minutes and see the school in the distance. I get ready to get off.

The bus stops in the street across from the school. I get off and wait for the bus to drive away before crossing the street to school.

I walk to my first class and sit next to my best friend. "Hey, Melissa!" Avery says and looks at me with her green eyes. I smile. "Hey!" I say back. I get my notebook out. "Are you almost done with that project that is due tomorrow in history class?" She asks.

"Not yet, I have to be at the library to work on the project. I think the rest of my group will be there also." I tell her. She giggles quietly. "Your so lucky to have Pete in your group. He's so dreamy with that red hair of his. He must be so smart, funny and awesome." She says dreamily.

"Why don't you ask him out on a date then?" I ask rolling my eyes. She hesitates. "There's no way he would go out with a simple gal like myself." She says.

I giggle softly. "Simple gal? Your anything but simple. Everything you do has to be perfect and sometimes you can be a drama queen." I tell her. She puts on a fake hurt face.

"I'm not a drama queen." She said. Her short brown hair barely touching her shoulder. The bell rings before I can say anything else. The teacher starts teaching the class and I listen, while I wait for class to be over.

Hopefully school ends quickly today, I just want to get the project out of the way. Class ends and the rest of day passes by normally. It's finally the end of the day and I walk to the library to work on the project. "Melissa!" Someone shouts my name.