The Beginning

A man stood at the end of Privet Drive. He was tall, thin, and very old, judging by the silver of his hair and beard, both witch long enough to be tucked into his belt. He was wearing long robes, a purple cloak that swept the ground, and high heeled buckled boots. His blue eyes were light, bright, and sparkling behind half-moon spectacles and his nose was very crooked, a thought​ it had been broken at least twice. This man's name is Albus Dumbledore.

Albus Dumbledore didn't seem to notice that he had just arrived in the street where everything from his name to his boots was unwalcome. He was busy rummaging in his cloak looking for something. But he did seem to realize he was being watched, because he suddenly looked up at a tabby cat that was starting at him from the other end of Privet Drive. For some reason the sight of the tabby cat amused him. He chuckled and muttered, " I should have known."

He found what he was looking for in his cloak. I seemed to be a silver cigarette lighter. He flicked it open, held it up in the air, and clicked it. The nearest street lamp went out. He clicked it again and again until the only lights left on the street were the two tiny pinpricks in the distance, witch were the eyes of the tabby cat watching him. Dumbledore slipped the put-outer back inside his cloak and set off down the street to number four, where he sat on the wall next to the tabby cat. He didn't look at it, but after a while he spoke to it. " Fancy seeing you here Professor Magonagall." He turned to smile at the cat but it had gone, in its place stood a severe looking woman, she was wearing square glasses on her face witch were positioned on the end of her nose, and she, like Dumbledore, wore a cloak although hers was emerald green. Her hair was drawn into a tight bun and she looked distinctly ruffled.

" How did you know it was me?" She questioned with a sigh.

" My dear Professor, I have never seen a cat sit so stiffly." The man chuckled

" Is it true?" McGonagall asked, her voice saddening." About the Potter's?"

Dumbledore smiled sadly, " I'm afraid so," he sighed, " Hagrid is bringing Harry shortly."

" What about the girl, Hope?" The woman asked

" She is going to the Delacour's in France, she will be safe there."

" But Dumbledore, they're twins, they can't grow up not knowing about each other." Professor McGonagall stressed

" They will find out when the time is right." explained Dumbledore.

" But what if they never meet?" Asked Professor Magonagall

" Do not worry my dear Professor, I'm sure they will cross paths one day."