The Beginning

When you are young everything seems like the end of the world. That's how it was for me, my name is Chelsea Lane I'm 16 years old, have an odd smile, and have long blonde hair that falls just below my bottom. My Father refuses to let me cut it. When I started High School I had this feeling that It was going to be the worst and best time of my life. I was always on the road growing up. My family and I never stayed in one place for too long. My mother worked  two jobs trying to support a family of five, while my father was a drunk deadbeat who would constantly come home drunk and not come back home for days. This was ultimately how I grew up. So it's August 15th, I just moved to Houston, Texas and I'm starting my sophomore year of high school which I heard was the worst of all the years. I have a feeling of excitement but also nervousness because this is my fourth school I've been to in the last year and everyone is different and there's so many new faces that I have to get used too. My best friend, Raya she has everything figured out back home in California where i grew up, her life seems almost perfect compared to my messed up chaotic life. I can't help but to envy her on many occasions. Talking  to her always calms my nerves, but I can't seem to shake the lingering fear of doom in the pit of my stomach.... Let's pray the first day of 10th grade isn't a living hell...