- The Moment -

- [ One-Shot ] -

____

It was the moment you knew.

Your paw was twined tight within such a warm, loving, strong return. Your {Color} eyes were locked on to those deep navy blue orbs the other held like sheer magnetic energy.

Being around him was like being out in the sun on a summer's day, the way his orange-gold fur made it seem like he'd be mistaken for the sun, too.

You felt so happy, happier than you'd think in this sun ray. Being the cloudy day person you were, you felt this rush whenever close to your one, your only . . .

-- " {Y/N} ! "

. . .

Your {Color} eyes fully widened at the raised tone of your name being called, your ears perked up and one flicked, your hazy eyes dilating around to try and focus on one object, being those deep sea blue pools staring inventively at you, never taking their sight away.

You shook your head and bat your eyes to clearly see-- it was Gregg holding onto you tight, you we're lent back in his arms, having this distant look about you. Gregg seemed worried.

" Hey- Hey are you alright? 'Thought I lost ya there for a minute doll. "

Gregg spoke softly, bringing you to your feet, balancing you gently to your full height even if you were a bit {shorter/taller} than him.

Swallowing a lump in your throat your paw managed to rest against Gregg's chest, calming with his heartbeat between your digits and you felt a faint heat brush against your cheeks upon sudden realization.

" Oh- Y-Yeah jeez I'm sorry heh. I guess I sorta zoned out . . . "

Gregg slowly smiles, his ears coming to a full stand to increase his height just a little, though he was still pretty short. His arms rested around your frame and relaxed a little, not breaking eye contact with you.

" Heh, you've been doing that a lot today y'know that? "

-- " I-I have? Ugh I'm sorry I-- "

You nervously laughed, your attention shifting but not long before returning back to your ray of sunshine who cut you off in a gentle tone.

" Don't be sorry. Am I gonna have'ta kidnap you and we can cuddle at my place so you can get some actual rest? I know that place you moved into hasn't been really letting you rest easy . . . "

You blinked and quickly averted your gaze, trying not to influence the redness in your cheeks any longer-- but it may take the attention away from your slightly blood-shot eyes.

" . . . I'd like that a lot. "

You smiled, speaking in a hushed defeated tone, no use on trying to argue you knew Gregg would always win, and besides you'd love nothing more but to have a peaceful sleep in your boyfriend's arms. Your ears flattened against the back of your head for a moment with a small nod-- only to smile more when Gregg nuzzled his face against your cheek, peppering light kisses against you cheeks and jawline.