•Prologue•

I went out through the door as the tears fell from my eyes. Anger filled me, and they kept turning to tears. I ran towards the highway, where a truck almost hit me with its impact. I fell down in shock, shocked that I survived that. I sighed in relief and continued to cry beside the road, sitting down like a child crying over spilled milk.

As I cried alone there, I recalled everything those people said to me. Those harsh words, they crawled up my back. I cried and cried, alone. The wind whistled giving me the chills, the sound of crickets rose up in intensity.

"Hah, stop being so immature."

"You're such a crybaby."

"Nobody likes you. Nobody."

"You look so ugly and skinny."

"Stupid. Fucking. Faggot."

Their laughter made my skin boil, and their glares made my head hot. Never trust anyone, I said. Now look at what life did to me as I broke that promise.

Sobbing made my clothes wet from my sweat and tears, but it didn't bother me. I glanced at the moon but it was covered by the dark clouds, giving me no light and hope.

A car went by in front of me again. Then another. And another. The screeching wheels all felt like they were teasing me. That's just too much for me to handle. Life was joking at me as well, it seemed. Me, a weak, feeble person.

I suddenly heard footsteps coming from behind. I stood up, coughing and wiping away my tears. No, I said to myself, I have to stay strong. I have to show them I'm not weak. I am not affected by everything they say. Stay determined.

"Azul," a male voice spoke my name. I then straightened myself as I recognized his voice.

"Go away," I said bluntly.

"Why did you leave all of a sudden? Come back to the cabin, dude. We were having so much fun."

Seriously, shut the fuck up.

"Argh," I started, "why do you enjoy making me feel this way? Huh? You people are just so selfish and stuck up!"

The boy, now in front of me, attempted to touch me but I growled in anger.

"Come on, we didn't mean those things. Stop being so ill-tempered," he said to me, followed by chuckles.

I scoffed at his reaction, "It doesn't matter then? You just don't care, and besides, I don't want to join in at your stupidity."

"Hahaha!" He started laughing, "We're just teasing you, not bullying you. Just come on already."

"Not bullying me? Heckling me from behind and shoving me to the ground for four years is not bullying? Mocking my name and calling me names is not? You guys must be really stupid and have such bad taste in humor."

"You're all taking this seriously, come on already," he then walked close to me and attempted to give me a hug.

"Get off me, bastard! You don't know me," I stated.

I started to run away from him but was stopped by the wails of a motor passing by in front of me in the speed of light. I fell in shock and embraced for impact, but was stopped.

Liam Winston caught me in his arms as my body froze in fear. His eyes suddenly turned from glee to worry. His brown fawn eyes was the only thing I could see, and our breaths were building up in front of our faces.

I stood still after he rose me up, gripping my shoulders. "What were you thinking? You're crazy," he said.

My mouth trembled, and I couldn't speak. I sat there, thinking of what if's. Liam sat also on the ground while staring at me with those eyes.

"Don't fucking say those words at me, mate," I said briefly. I admit, having a crush on him just makes it harder for me, doesn't it? "You just don't know me enough, all of you."

"So tell me then, who are you?"

I told him all my heartaches, ending it with sobs. "And not just that, because the thing is I can't attack you like the others, because..."

"Because of what?" He asked, still curious. I didn't know he was still listening.

"Oh, forget about it," I demanded. I then smiled, but instantly regretted it as he smiled too.

"You're so cute when you smile, you know," Liam said. I hid my blush with my bangs but he touched my hair and made me face him. I smiled ferociously in defeat and we both laughed at my expense.

"Bah, but you'll just hate me more. I fucking give up." I stood up and faced the road.

"Why, Azul? How come?" He kept asking as a horn blared from afar.

"Go back already, I'll follow you after I'm okay."

"But you'll be more okay if I'm here with you."

"That's what I hate the most," I walked forward.

I hate the way you make me love you.

"Azul, look out for that truck!" He started running towards me.

"No, stop! Don't come near me and stay away! I don't want you to get involved with this." I mumbled softly, "I... love you," I said. The truck then made the fast turn, and hit me.

The last thing I saw was the truck hitting me and Liam running away.