Shawn Mendes - Not your average love story

It was a brief moment before he began to sing; but once it happened there was no going back. Each word, cascading out of his mouth like a endless waterfall creating a perfect blend between soul and ballad. Bliss.

'Love it when you just don't care,
Love it when you dance like nobody's there
So when it gets hard don't be afraid,
We don't care what those people say'

A sudden surge of emotion ran through me: I was a wreck. We'd been there from the start, I could not express my immense proudness. Chord after chord, strum after strum, I could feel the intensity building up in my body. Everything around me blurred, the music taking hold and transporting me to a magical world. All I'm focussed on, the most beautiful young man in the entire world - nothing but perfection. The way he smiles whilst singing, the way his arms tense when he hits a high note, the power in his fingers as he strums his guitar, the sparkle in his eyes as he stares into the screaming crowd, the way his body moves to catch a quick breath before moving onto the next verse, but more... just the way he looks at the crowd with love, like family. Everyone captured by his stage presence, hooked to every word. Tears cascading down my face, I became unable to hold in my emotions. This kind, thoughtful human being had changed my life, made me finally realise the point in living. After all, I had become a better person because of him.