A Bitter Competition

- Prologue -

Licking the envelope, I sealed it tightly. We better win this.

“Oi, Kara, what're you doing?” Naomi yelled from down the hallway.

“Uh, nothing, just... Just eating some, uh, cake...” I replied, shrugging my shoulders.

The rest of us had all decided that Jennie had to tell Naomi what was happening. We might have decided this while she was working at her horrible job, but you never know... Not like telling Naomi was a problem... Aha, ha... I'll shut up now.

“Cake?” Jennie yelled from the other side of the flat.

Shit.

“No, um, paper...” I yelled back, mentally face-palming.

Rule one: Never, ever, mention cake when Jennie's around.

“You're eating paper?” Amber yelled, “Why do I have you as a roommate again?”

Great now, my flat-mates and I have started a big discussion from something so small. Now, from the untrained ear, this might sound like a screaming-fest, but really it was a normal, morning? Afternoon? Let's just call it a day.

“Shut-up! I'm trying to watch Supernatural and there's a Destiel moment happening as we speak and I'm trying to concentrate!” Claudia shouted causally, from Naomi's and her bedroom. Now, it's a normal day.

I watched as Naomi sprinted towards the bedroom, completely forgetting about the mysterious cake, no, paper! Envelope? I... I don't even know anymore, stop pressurising me.

“What time is it?” Amber mumbled, finally coming out of the hobbit hole that was Jennie's and her room.

“SUMMER TIME,” I screamed, dancing around to a High School Musical song playing in my head. Off beat, I might point out. Rolling her eyes, Amber sluggishly walked towards the fridge in search of food.

“Oh, by the way,” Naomi began, “it's the middle of winter, stupid.”

“Don't try to stop me, the High School Musical ship has already sailed, bitch.”

“I Ship it!” Jennie exclaimed loudly, still not coming out of her room. I mean seriously, that girl, can stay in her room for weeks on end and still come out looking like an angel, the others and I still don't know how she does it.

“You ship what?” I asked, confused.

“You and Ryan” She replied, and I could hear the grin in her voice.

That... Didn't really sound right...

“Oh, I'm over him, he was so 2007,” I explained, all girly and shit.

“You do realise he was gay, right?” Naomi buts in.

“You shall never get over him, it's law.” Claudia argues.

“I SHALL NOT BE BUILLED,” Jennie replied, a tad too loud.

To distract myself from the three-way argument, I looked over Amber, currently in her own little world, drawing on the fridge with a permanent marker. Our fridge is a little, well actually a lot, covered in our own little drawings and such. But Amber is the real artist, and it really bites, because when we play drawing games she always buries us six feet under.

“What're you drawing on the fridge now?” I said, approaching her. Amber made no effort to respond and instead she completely ignored me and continued abusing our poor fridge.

I felt cold hands on my shoulders, and promptly jumped in shock. I was met with quiet giggles coming from behind.

“Jennie!” I whined, knowing exactly who it was. But again, I was only met with more giggling. Sometimes Jennie's laugh makes her sound like a man.

“Did you send the competition form?” She whispered.

“Have you brushed your teeth yet?” I countered.

Jennie smiling wickedly was the only answer I got.

“Yes,” I sighed quietly.

“Oh, good. We better win this thing.” Amber finally said, coming back down to Earth.

“What thing?” Naomi asked. Nosy parker.

“Oh, nothing, nothing, just uh, the um, just buying Christmas presents online.”

“It's December 28th”

“For next year then, starting early, right Kara?” Amber said, trying to authenticate my lies.

“Um, yes, yeah we're starting early.”

“Whatever,” Naomi stated, walking away, “I know you're up to something anyway, you don't really have the type of personality to keep things hidden, Kara.”

“Bitch,” I mumbled quietly, opening the fridge and grabbing the empty milk bottle, “Alright, who drank all the milk?”

“Well, uh, you know how tea needs lots of milk...” Claudia started, “And Doctor Who is sort of like an English thing...”

“You drank tea just because people inside your laptop were English?” Amber asked in disbelief.

“With a crap-load of milk?” I added.

“Isn't it obvious?” Claudia commented.

“Why are you all asking such idiotic questions?” Naomi yelled.

“Why are we all yelling so much this morning?” Jennie yelled.

“It isn't morning, it's like, half twelve.” Amber suggested.

“Actually, it's twelve thirty-two.” I corrected her, glancing at my watch.

“Shit, I have work in twenty eight minutes!” Claudia shouted, rushing back into her room and slamming the door. Typical.

“Just to let you know, I'll figure out your little 'secret' sooner or later,” Naomi threatened.

Why am I friends with her again?

Oh right, I remember, she helped me out when some creepy guy was hitting on me at a party; you'll never forget when a random girl pretends to be your lesbian lover. Yeah, that actually happened. I know. How the hell did I get some guy hitting on me? I don't know either.

“If we win, hypothetically when would they come?” Amber asked.

“Well, the form said New Year's Eve,” I replied.

“Well, then, we've got some waiting to do,” Jennie exclaimed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Guys!

This is our first joint story!

We hope you like it, don't worry it gets better.

One direction appears soon, very soon.

If you are part of our account feel free to edit it

Oh yeah and here's just some info:

Jessie: Kara Chapman

Mila: Claudia Glover

Bex: Naomi Wolfe

Karrisa: Amber Ramsey

Fona: Jennie Berry

Read, Vote, comment, maybe fan?    :D

- Bex - Mila - Jessie -