prompt #1 (part 1)

You wake up one morning and find that everyone in your house is still asleep, and won't wake up.  Only it's not just your house; it's the whole world.  You decide to hop online and see if anyone else is awake.  You find one new post, titled "Anyone else awake?"  it has three comments. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so close to home I can almost smell the homemade meals. It's been a long drive from my University to home, a few states over to be exact.  It's summer now and I can't wait to spend my time with family and friends, at least that's what I had planned. 

"Dad!" I say happily as I burst through the doors of my childhood home, finally home for the summer from college. 

"Hi, my little Angel!" He rejoiced, pulling me into a tight hug as I laugh 

"How are you? I've missed you" I chuckled, pulling away from the hug and grabbing my bags again as I walk inside. 

"we've been good. Just been missing you, like always" he grins, grabbing my bags from me to take upstairs "anyway, you've had a long trip, why don't you relax and take a nap"  he smiles as he pats my back.

I shrug "sure, why not. I'll see you two in a little bit" I spoke, kissing both of their cheeks, heading up to my room and laying down on the bed, I don't even remember falling asleep. 

I wake up about two hours later and hop in the shower, humming my favorite song.  I step out and blow dry my hair then change into comfortable clothes.   "Mom! Dad? where are you?" I exclaim as I walk. I slowly open their bedroom door to see them sleeping peacefully and can't help but grin.  Slowly, I close the door and head downstairs to grab my car keys, I thought it would be nice to go get pizza from my favorite pizza restaurant from my childhood.  I write a note for my parents, then head out the door.  As I'm driving, I notice that no one else is on the road, like, at all. Normally there are at least a few cars; it's a small town but not small enough to not see anyone else driving at the same time.  

As  I pull in front of the pizza place I notice that it's closed, mumbling a soft "dang it." and getting back in the car to head home.  Although this time I notice that there is no one in town either, everything is quiet, no cars and no stores open, everyone at home. isn't that weird?

"Mom I'm back," I announce as I walked inside, plopping down on the couch and grabbing my laptop to head online. "oh! it was really weird, NO one else was on the road or in town. isn't that weird?" I asked up to her but don't receive a  response and at the moment I really don't care. 

I scroll online but the only piece of information I find is a post that's from 20 minutes ago, titled "Anyone else awake?" with only three comments. 

"yeah, I'm up. it's kinda funny, seems like we're the only ones up haha!" says the first comment. 

"I'm up as well, do your towns seem deserted?" they ask, the creator of the post had responded back. 

"yeah. that's creepy... O-O" they answer back.  I decide to join in the conversation. 

"I'm up. Is anyone else freaked out by this?"  I ask, waiting for a response. 

all of the accounts agreeing. 

all of a sudden I hear a high pitch sound and my ears start to hurt and bleed. I shout slightly in pain as I cover my ears in an attempt to keep the sound out.  After a few more seconds the sound stops and I pull my laptop back on my lap to see the new comments.

"did you hear that sound??" one person asks and the others sent a message saying that they did too.  okay, this is getting really freaky. 

"maybe we should meet up?" I suggest to the group.  

"okay, where at?"  one of them ask

I think for a moment " how about we meet in Lawrance Kansas?" I ask, curious as to how I'll get there. 

surprisingly, they all agreed. 

"okay, here's my number, we should exchange numbers to keep us in contact. " I insist. 

After I got their numbers and added them to my phone, I ran upstairs and started to pack items I would need along with food and first aid stuff.   I run downstairs and put my items in the car. heading off to Kansas.      

This will be an interesting trip.