Prologue

Prologue

"Mr. Snow paired up the class, he pair a blond boy with blue eyes, and a girl with dark, long flowing hair and gray eyes together, and that's how it all started", daddy says as he tucks me into bed. "And that's the beginning of you being born".

"What happened?" I ask.

I wanna know more about mommy. She isn't here with us. She's dead, daddy said. Daddy said that mommy didn't want to leave us, but she had to and that I would understand when I got older.

"You'll find out in the morning sweetheart, but now you need to sleep", daddy says smiling.

"Oh alright", I mutter angrily.

Daddy chuckles.

"Sleep tight princess", daddy says and kisses my forehead.

Daddy stands up and walks out of my room.

I live in France with my daddy and my godfather.

I think that lived in a city called Panem before, in U.S but daddy don't want to talk much about it.

I turn around in my bed, lying on my side.

Daddy seems so unhappy and miserable. Like life itself has been sucked out of him.

I'm not saying that he's a bad father, because he's the best, and he's trying not to show me how hurt he is, and how hard he has to try, to get through another day.

My godfather Finnick, he's just like my dad. And they both tell me how much they love me.

My aunts Madge and Glimmers comes to visit from time to time, telling me that they have to see me.

Apparently they where with my mother when I was born, but they haven't told me what really happened. They say they will some day, but when I get older and can understand better.

I'm named after my auntie Madge, and my blood auntie Primrose.

I don't see my family too often. It's always just me, dad and Finnick.

I've got the question if I have two gay dads. But I don't. Finnick is my godfather and my fathers best friend, and they take care if me together.

I sigh and turn to my other side.

On my nightstand I have a picture of my mother. Katniss, her name was. Like the rot. She was really beautiful.

Daddy told me that he took this picture himself. Mommy is standing on a meadow, looking inside the camera with big glowing, beautiful gray eyes. Her dark hair is flowing down over her shoulders with a pretty light blue butterfly as a decoration. She's in a light blue dress, and the little detail I forgot to tell you is, that's she's a few months pregnant with a baby bump.

Mommy is smiling so bright, resting her hands on her belly. And yes. I'm the baby inside that belly. Mommy was sixteen here, and the most beautiful girl I've ever seen in my entire life.

I wanna know my mother. I'm never gonna do that. I'm only gonna picture how she was.

Did she ever love me?

I know that daddy loved her very much.

Dad did tell me one thing though. He told me that I was with mommy and Aunt Annie when they found them. Daddy told me that I was suppose to be dead as well, that I would've frozen to death. But I didn't. Because of mommy. Daddy told me that when he found us, he saw how mom was giving me all her last body heat. I was so warm and she was so cold.

I feel the tears flow down my cheeks. Maybe mommy did love me. She saved me.

I just hope that I someday can feel like I know her, without even meeting her.

"Mommy I wish you where here with me and daddy", I cry low and touch the picture frame with my fingertips.

But I think I do have a memory.

I think know how her kisses would feel like, and looking her into her eyes.

But no. That can't be.

This is me.

Ivy Primrose Madge Mellark.

I'm eight years old.

And this is not a happily ever after story.

😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘😘

Hey guys here is the sequel ;) I know that this Prologue is the exact same as the Epilogue in the first book, but that was the meaning. I wanted to see if you guys would catch up on my idea xD the last part is kind if explaining that a sequel was coming up ;)

But anyway, I hope you're gonna like it, this is only going to be Ivy's povs, and you're going to follow her through her life with her father Peeta and godfather Finnick, characters from the first book is gonna appear as well :D

Well, so what more is there to say? Hahah I hope that you're gonna like this book :)

I love you guys, and I wanna thank you guys for supporting my first book, and I'm sorry if I made you angry by killing off Katniss and Annie :/ but I hope you can look past that and enjoy this book as much as you enjoyed the first one :)

-Josephine xx