|| 1 ||

"You can't hate me forever."

"Watch me."

My feelings got the best of me, and in the end, who was the one who didn't keep her promise?

Yep, me.

Let me start by introducing myself, yeah?

My name is Eunju, Oh Eunju, born on the fifth of February 2000, which makes me seventeen years old - the same age as my longtime crush, at least if you follow the Korean age system.

Na Jaemin, he sits in front of me, which gives me the perfect opportunity to stare at him without me getting caught, he sometimes do turn his head to look at Jeno, his best friend, whom I sit beside, and I quickly turn to look at my desk when that happens.

Lee Jeno, my crush's best friend, whom I never really talked to, but I admit, he was quite attractive - he wasn't my type though.

They're quite popular, I'd say, but it wasn't like girls and boys crowded around them, but I knew that several students had fallen for one of the two.

I was one of those students.

Even though me and Jeno weren't that close, me and Jaemin were quite close friends as we once walked home together under one umbrella.

Long story short, it was raining, he had forgotten his umbrella, and his house weren't that far from my house.

"You know, you aren't that subtle about your oh-so-small crush." A textbook landed on the table, causing me to jerk slightly at the sudden noise, and my eyes turned narrow as I sent Jisoo a harsh look.

"Says the girl with an even clearer crush." Her face turned rosa in a split second, and her eyes turned as narrow as mine had been moments earlier.

With her eyes still squinted, a mumble left her, something along the lines of her not having a crush on anyone and that she was out of everyone's league, just Jisoo being Jisoo.

"Well, if I remember correctly, you're the one who's crushing on Jeno." At that her head snapped from side to side, wanting to make sure no one had heard my murmur, and a smile tugged at the corner of my lips.

   Well, one student had looked at us when I exclaimed that but even if Mark had heard what I had said, he wouldn't tell the others, he was too nice.

Mark Lee, that one student everyone wanted to befriend, whom both me and Jisoo had talked with a couple of times due to us - due to me being close to Jaemin, a close friend of his.

"You're insolent ." The girl said a word I had yesterday taught her, which she today had been using to describe every breathing thing to sound smarter, and each time I heard it, my eyes rolled to the ceiling.

"I'm incisive." I commented, my shoulders moving up in a shrug, only earning a punch to the shoulder and a small laugh from her

"Shut up, you dictionary. Let's go get lunch." At that I finally let out a small snicker, and I started packing my stuff, quickly collecting all my things.

As we passed by the two boys still packing their things, I turned around to wave at Jaemin to see him already looking at me, and he sent me a wave before I could, a small grin on his face.

My already small smile morphed into a larger one, but before I could lift my hand and wave back at him, I was dragged out by Jisoo.

"Calm yourself, your face is redder than Renjun's hair." Her words made me roll my eyes, but I couldn't help it.

Huang Renjun, that student everyone, even the teachers, found too pure to say anything bad about, not like there was anything bad to say - we weren't that close to him as he was in another class, but we were acquainted.

Even though I wanted to say something back, I kept my lips sealed, not wanting to risk earning some sarcastic comment from her, and I felt my heart slowly calm down from before as we walked down the halls.

Welcome.

To my cliché life.

"I got humiliated, let him try it as well."