1

11 years ago

"Ow!" 6 year old Lyn fell off the slide and onto the wooden chips that covered the floor in the park. She rubbed her scratched hands and knees and her eyes filled up with tears.

"Hey are you okay?!" A small boy that was obviously older than her but not too much older asked. Lyn shook her head no and the tears fell down her cheeks.

"H-hey, don't cry! Uh, do you want to play with me?" Lyn looked up at the boy who was smiling down on her kindly. He was around 7 years old.

"O-okay. I'm Jeon Lyn." The little girl smiled back at the boy.

"Your name is pretty! I'm Park Jihoon." Jihoon helped the girl off the ground, and they played with each other for the rest of the day.

"Jeon Lyn! Where are you?!" Lyn perked up and looked for her older brother.

"Over here!" She waved her small arm in the air as the worried 10 year old rushed over to her.

"Where have you been?" She smiled.

"I was with my new friend! He's over there!" She pointed to where Jihoon was on the bench, talking with who seemed to be his older brother.

"Ah. Well, we have to go home now. Mom will be worried. Go say goodbye to your friend."

"Okay!" She ran over to where the two boys were and waved her hand.

"Bye Jihoon! My brother is here to pick me up. I'll see you later!" Jihoon smiled and waved back at her.

"I'll see you later Lyn!" Lyn ran back to her older brother and held his hand before the two of them walked home.

8 years ago

"Come on Jihoon! We'll be late for lunch!" Lyn pulled her friend by his wrist once they both got out if class. It turned out they went to the same elementary school, and were now able to see each other a lot more often.

"Slow down Lyn!" Jihoon laughed gently as Lyn only stuck her tongue out at him. Lyn was now 9 years old, with Jihoon being 10. Since their ages were quite close, they were able to bond a lot easier. They were inseparable. Ever since that day at the park, they only got closer.

4 years ago

"I hate exams!" Jihoon slammed his head onto the desk in the library as Lyn only let out a soft laugh. Lyn always found school on the easy side, where as Jihoon was more of an artsy person.

He liked to dance and sing in his free time, instead of studying. Which lead him to cramming for every single test he had, and rushing all of his assignments.

"Stop complaining. Even I don't complain this much." Jihoon scoffed and lifted his head from the desk and glared at her.

"Lies." Lyn threw an eraser at him and continued to do her social project. Jihoon smirked and moved his chair so that it was next to hers. He laid his head on her shoulder and stared at what she was doing.

"What are you doing?" She turned her head to face him. Jihoon had his eyes closed with a light smile on his face.

"I'm taking a nap. Now shush and do your work." Lyn scoffed and just let him be. She'll deal with him later. When the bell rang, Lyn flicked Jihoon on the forehead to wake him up.

"It's time to go home now twat." He whined at held his forehead with his hand.

"You're not nice." He jut his bottom lip out and collected his things, following Lyn out of the library.

3 years ago

"Sorry I can't hang out today. I have some stuff to do." Lyn nodded her head, not knowing what to say any more. Jihoon hugged Lyn and bid her goodbye. Most of the days had turned out like this ever since Jihoon started to take his dancing and singing more seriously. 

Lyn was very supportive of his dancing and singing, knowing it's what he loves to do, but she can't help but feel like she was being left behind.

Current day

Lyn hadn't seen Jihoon for 2 years now. Hadn't heard from him either. It's as if he just.. vanished. 

On the outside, Lyn pretended to not show too much reaction, next to no reaction at all, but deep down inside, she still wants to see him.. She still misses him. 

She is 17 years old now, second to last year in high school. She was always the top of her class, but wasn't considered a nerd or geek. 

Lyn had two best friends, and people didn't bother her. The teachers treated her well since she stayed out of trouble and didn't cause problems. Her family was doing well too. Her older brother was also part of a famous boy band and visited home whenever he could. And when he did, he always put up the protective brother attitude in public or when he was around her friends. Especially her closest friends, who happen to be guys.

"I'm going out!" Lyn came out of her room with her phone and wallet in hand.

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going to the mall with my friends."

"Are you going with Jisoo, and Joohyuk again?" She nodded her head just as the door bell rang.

"Gotta go. Bye Kooks!" She ran out the door and closed it behind her before Jungkook could object.

"Hey Lyn."

She waved back at him

"Joohyuk is in the car." Lyn nodded her head and followed him to the car. She got in and waved at Joohyuk

"Lets goo!" Joohyuk started up the car and put the car into convertible mode before driving off

Lyn put her sun glasses on as her two best friends blasted music through the car, singing along to anything that came on, occasionally acting out the lyrics as well. It earned a bunch of laughs and giggles from the trio.

Car rides are never boring between the three of them. They arrived at the mall and went around, browsing through clothes and accessories, playing around with different things as they went along. They got something to eat soon after and continued playing around. The day finally came to an end and the two males brought Lyn home, helping her with her bags.

"Thanks guys, I had fun today, as always."

"No problem Lyn. We'll see you at school. Bye." The two of them hugged her and went back to the car, driving away. Lyn opened the door to see Jungkook laying on the couch, phone and laptop on the table, curled up in a ball fast asleep.

Lyn giggled gently and put her bags away, coming back to the living room and putting a blanket on her sleeping brother. She ran her fingers through his dark brown hair and left the living room. Lyn went back to her room and pulled out her books to start doing some of her homework.