Adopted by demi lovato

About the character: Hi my name is kat. I'm 13 years old and suffer from depression and self harm. My mom died of liver disease when I was 7 and I have never met my dad. I was put into an adoption home very soon after my mother died, and I've been living there for 6 years waiting for someone to possibly bring me into their care.

**

I woke up with a terrible headache. I trudged downstairs to get some medicine and almost ran straight into miss kathy, my caretaker in the adoption home. "Oh honey! I was just about to call you for breakfast. I made blueberry muffins. Yours is on the counter!" She said before sliding past me, making her way into the living room. I went into the kitchen and made a glass of milk then sat down to eat. The muffins were soft and warm. Kathy always makes the best meals. Shortly after finishing my food, I climbed back up the stairs and went to my room to get ready for the day. I switched on the shower and stripped off my pajama pants and t shirt, avoiding the mirror because I hated seeing my reflection. I stepped into the shower and let the hot water run down my body. All of the tension was gone and my muscles had relaxed. I could spend all day in the shower if it was possible. After about 20 minutes of thinking and washing up in the shower, I stepped out. The air was cold. I hurriedly wrapped a towel around myself and pulled out the blowdryer. There was no way I could brush this mess while it was wet. I looked like a mop... I turned it on high and dried my hair. I finished and brushed through it. Once I had completely dried, I threw on a band tee and denim skinny jeans. Then I put on a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. Even though I'm not girly, I feel more confident wearing a little bit of makeup. When I was all done I walked back to my room and plopped down on the bed to read a book.

--

Three hours had passed and I had just eaten a bowl of tomato soup for lunch. Me and my friend kayla went to the living room to watch a bit of tv. I've known Kayla for 3 years and she's the only friend I have. She handed me the remote and I flipped to channel 104 seeing that "honey, I shrunk the kids" was on so we decided on that since there isn't much to choose from on this tv. // it was 10:30 pm and I decided to get ready for bed. For my night clothes I grabbed a pair of basketball shorts and a plain t shirt. I snuggled into the covers and drifted off into sleep.

*dreaming*

"Mommy what's happening?"

"I'm just a little sick, I'll be fine."

"I love you mommy"

"I love you too babygirl"

the doctors had asked me to leave the room. I didn't want to leave my mother. I was scared. Lost. Confused. I kicked and screamed but they had forced me out of the room. I had to sit and wait with my uncle who didn't give a crap about me. I was crying hysterically in need of an explanation of what was going on. The nurses came out and told me that my mom was gone. I fell to my knees and shouted at the top of my lungs.

"Mommy! Please come back! Mo-"

*end of dream*

I woke up with tears streaming down my face. Sweating like crazy. I put my head in my hands and cried. Miss Kathy ran in and came to my side.

"I heard screaming. What happened?"

"Bad dream. About my mom"

"Aw, honey I'm so sorry"

she took me into a hug that lasted for quite a while. We let go and she kissed my forehead.

"It's all over. You're okay. If you need me, you know where I am. Try to go back to sleep. Goodnight darling."

I rested my head on the pillow and my eyes shut pulling me into deep sleep.

------

It's kinda short sorry , but I have to get things done for tomorrow so yeah thanks for reading . Vote and comment ! -Raeleigh.