Say Something 《 yoonmin 》

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'll be the one if you want me to
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Jimin came home that day, walking into their shared room with a cake that had the message, "Happy Anniversary, Yoongi! Love, your Jamless boy" written on it.

To say that he was surprised is an understatement. Seeing Yoongi looking stone-faced and packing his bag without even acknowledging Jimin confused him even more.

Yoongi couldn't have forgotten their second anniversary, could he? Yoongi wasn't like that at all.

And I... am feeling so small
It was over my head
I know nothing at all
And I... will stumble and fall
I'm still learning to love
Just starting to crawl

" Yoongi, what's going on? " Jimin can't help but question but that question wasn't answered. Yoongi simply went out of the room, accidentally shoving into Jimin's shoulder along the way. He didn't even apologize like he used to. He just went out the door. Jimin heard shuffling outside of his door, as if things were being moved.

He soon came back in but was blocked by Jimin, who was in denial of what was happening. Jimin, who usually smiled, wasn't. Jimin, who was slowly gathering up tears in his eyes.

It made sense now, everything did. From Yoongi's distance, to how cold he was being lately, to how he no longer made his love known or felt.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

Jimin held onto Yoongi's shoulder tightly, as if he were scared to let go. He put down the cake and looked into his eyes with his confused and glassy-looking ones, trying to look for an explanation, a reason, anything to calm down his frantic heart and to prove that his Yoongi was still there.

Too bad Yoongi didn't give away anything, his expression not softening in the slightest. He simply rolled his eyes and grumbled out, " What now, Jimin? "

" What's wrong? What's going on? " was all he asked. He was scared of what the answer could be and he is scared of what will happen to him later on.

Yoongi was his life, his love and the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. Knowing that Yoongi might leave him soon shattered him.

And I... will swallow my pride
You're the one that I love
And I'm saying goodbye

Yoongi did not reply and simply looked like he couldn't wait to get out of this place and leave forever. Jimin took a step back and slowly but surely pieced everything together.

" You don't love me anymore, do you? " was all he said. For all its worth, he would miss this. He would miss him.

He would miss those dates they would go on, where Jimin would be like a puppy and either follow Yoongi around or drag him somewhere. He would miss how he perfectly fit in his embrace. He would miss those nights when they would end up snuggling before becoming one and making love. He would miss struggling to wake him up before he would suddenly be grabbed and pulled into his chest. He would miss those times wherein Yoongi would take care of him and scold him for being a stupid idiot for playing in the rain. He would miss those moments wherein they would simply cuddle on the couch, and suddenly fall into a nap.

God, he would miss hin

Yoongi said not a single word, causing Jimin's heart to break into tiny little pieces, with no one to put them back together again. Jimin caressed Yoongi's face with one hand, and held his hand with the other, a tear slipping out. However, Yoongi didn't wipe it away like he used to.

Hell, he didn't even love him like he used to.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
And I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
And anywhere I would've followed you (Oh-Ooh)

" Yoongi, answer me, please! I'm sorry that I'm not good enough. I'm sorry that I disappointed you. I'm sorry that I never loved you enough but please, answer me. " his voice, so broken, was devoid of happiness. He felt more tears slipping out as he gripped the front of Yoongi's shirt.

He embraced Yoongi, sobs rocking through his body and tears escaping his eyes. For all its worth, Yoongi slowly wrapped his arms around him, petting his hair but it lacked the old feeling of warmth.

" Say something, I'm giving up on you! " he yelled as he pounded on Yoongi's chest as the older stumbled back a bit but did not respond, tears steadily streaming down his face and his voice hoarse. The older of the two gently held the younger's hands as he calmed down, his weeping nearly silent.

He knew, he wished he didn't. He felt lost, like he no longer knew which step to make, which path to take.

" Yoongi, answer me! " he wept out, running his fingers through his hair and pacing back and forth. " Did everything mean anything to you like how anything meant everything to me? Do I mean anything to you? Does this mean anything to you? " he yelled as he took off the promise ring that Yoongi gave him a few months ago.

" I'm sorry. " were the only words that were received as a response from the black-haired man in front of Jimin.

Jimin fell to his knees and wept into his hands. What was supposed to be a day of celebration for being together for 2 years became a heartbreaking experience for Jimin.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
Say something...

He heard Yoongi leave the room, and the click of the lock of the door.