Chapter 1

There you laid on the hospital bed, alone. That warm feeling was gone, the nurse had taken him away from you.

But only momentarily.

He came back with a light blue blanket that matched his hair. His eyes were still closed but he was snoring softly. The nurse smiled as she handed you your newborn son. She comforted you in the empty hospital room.

"He's beautiful." She complimented, avoiding the fact that he had blue hair.

You thanked her, still out of breath from the delivery. The nurse walked out, giving you some time alone with your son. You rocked him gently, placing his ear to your chest so he could hear your heartbeat.

"Hear that? It's beating fast because I love you. I always will, my dear." You whispered, continuing to rock him slowly.

The room was still quiet, nothing but soft breaths. He never came. You didn't expect him to. Your family never came. You didn't expect them to either.

"We're going to be alright. I promise."

Just then the door opened slowly, followed by three sets of footsteps. Your eyes shot up to your guests. They all held gift boxes that were wrapped up nicely. They walked in, placing the gifts down on a table.

"So, what's his name?" Noodle asked softly, walking over to your bedside.

You sighed, allowing her to run her finger over his cheek gently.

"I haven't decided yet.."

"I'd suggest Mur-"

Russel shot Murdoc a glare. He frowned and stayed quiet, tilting his head down. He was finally quiet for once. That never happens...

Russel walked to your other side, placing a hand on your shoulder. You looked up at him, feeling your eyes well up with tears.

"Where is he? Why isn't he here?" You questioned on the verge of tears.

Russel sighed, looking away from you and the baby.

"I don't know what I was expecting. Someone like him to help raise a family? In my fucking dreams.." You sniffed, closing your eyes slowly.

The band stayed silent as you continued to rock your son.

"We brought 'em some gifts." Murdoc grinned, desperately trying to lighten the mood.

He tried to carry all three gifts at once, slowly bringing them over to you. He saw that you were busy holding the baby and decided to open them himself. He tore apart the purple box first, allowing the wrapping to fall to the floor. He pulled out a couple of baby outfits that were designed with different patterns.

"It's from Russ." Murdoc stated, placing the gift back in it's box to open the next one.

The second box was wrapped in yellow. Murdoc again tore it open, chuckling at the small toys that were inside.

"Noodle, were these yer's?" Murdoc asked, grinning.

He could remember the memory all too well.

Noodle nodded, rubbing the back of her neck.

"You all gave me a new life by taking me in. Those toys meant so much to me, I thought it was best to continue on their path with a new life."

Russel smiled at Noodle, giving her a nod of approval. After holding the toys in his hands for a bit, Murdoc put the old toys back in the box. Finally, he opened the smallest box, it was wrapped in green.

"And last but not least-"

The door burst open, your heads shot up at the unexpected visitor.

"I-I'm sorry I'm late..." He said quite breathless.

The room fell silent.

His hand was on the door handle, gripping it tightly.

He looked much younger than when you had last seen him. So much happier than when you had last seen him.

He looked like a new man.

A nurse came running in along with two men dressed in security uniforms. She was slightly out of breath when she came in the room.

"I'm so sorry, Miss! I told him not to come in!"

The security men pulled 2-D's arms behind his back. Obviously it was no struggle at all to get the skinny man under control. Your eyes met with his as he about to get escorted out.

"Wait!" You called, causing the baby's eyes to open.

The security men held 2-D's shirt collar as they turned around.

"Let him stay. He's the father."

The men looked at each other and released 2-D. The nurse continued to apologize until you told her it was alright and had her leave. You sighed, resting your head back. The band kept their distance from each other as 2-D slowly walked up to you.

"C-Can I touch 'em?" He asked, his voice was wobblier than normal.

You nodded, locking your eyes with his as he slowly ran his fingers through the few strands of hair the baby had. His quivering lips curved into a smile as he sighed contently. It was if the rest of the people in the room had disappeared and it was only the two of them. You glanced over at Murdoc, Russel, and Noodle as they watched from a distance. Your attention came back to 2-D as he lowered his head to the baby's ear. He whispered something quietly, lifting his head up with a gentle smile. His smile faded as he turned to his former band. They looked disappointed in him, truly disgusted.

You thought you would be too, but you weren't.

You were beyond grateful that he was even here in your presence. The stars must have alined perfectly for him to be here in this very moment.

"Thank you." You whispered.

His head turned back to you, his eyes twinkled by the sound of your voice.

"For being here with me," You looked down momentarily. "with us."

"I wouldn't be anywhere else." He mumbled with a smile.

He came close to your ear, ignoring the glare's the band members gave him.

"I love yew. I'm so sorry fo' wha' I've done. Forgive me please, I'm not sane without yew.."

Your eyes were wide open, open enough to let the tears flow.

Why, why did it have to be you?

Why did you have to be picked to suffer with his love?

Why wouldn't you have it any other way?

Because. Because you love him.

Whether you like it or not.