Foreward

I'm new to writing CYOA overall. This is only my third attempt, and it appears as though my learning curve is pretty steep. This is a major improvement over my previous, still unfinished, attempt. I hope that you will agree it is a good CYOA story.

The limits of Wattpad have, regrettably, caused a few issues with the production of this story. First, one of the "tricks" of the CYOA genre that can be used to effectively create suspense is breaking the pages at the moment of tension. So, you're about to open a door and just as your hand touches the knob... turn to page 25.

In my original draft, I did that in several places. However, Wattpad has placed a limit of 20 images per story. My scheme here calls for graphics used as headers. To get all of the necessary headers in place, I needed to trim some of the section breaks to get it back down to 20 sections of text.

Unfortunately, I just wasn't able to do it. Therefore, some of the sections toward the end are just numbers boldfaced. As a designer, I strive for consistency. It bothers me, but there isn't much I can do about it. Therefore, I left it this way.

Thanks for reading and (hopefully) for understanding. I did the best I could within the framework I had to work.