Emeralds and Rubies

Dull. That is how you would describe your day so far, simply dull. The only thing at this moment that could make you smile is that next hour was seventh hour then you could finally be free from this prison. Walking to your health class, seventh hour, you tried to ignore all the shouts and obnoxious laughter coming from your "peers". Finally, you walked into health class and took your usual seat on the left side of the room. You began writing in your notebook, it was your way of escaping for a while until the one . minute bell interrupted you. After shutting your notebook  you looked up and a boy with bright red hair walked in, more like glided in and took a seat on the other side of the room, directly in your line of vision. You studied him, his wavy red hair, his chiseled face, the tone muscles in his arms and then your eyes fell to his long fingers. They were gently tapping on his desk as if ivory keys were in front of him. It was a beautiful movement. You came to the realization that everything about him was beautiful, your eyes shifted back up to his face for proof. Deep green eyes greeted you and your heart raced as your cheeks reddened. You quickly untucked the hair from behind your ear and looked down with embarrassment. It was Impossible to pay attention to your teacher because all your mind would allow where images of him. And he most certainly was not helping, you could feel his eyes burn into you. So, you decided to look back one more time. As you thought, his eyes were on you... this time very intensely. His distinct cheekbones casted shadows under his eyes causing a more dramatic look. He held your gaze and your blood started pumping. It was as if you were being absorbed. The emerald color entrapped you, it was mesmerizing. When the bell rang it lifted you from the trance he put you in and a gasp escaped from your lips, you didn't even realize you had been holding your breath. Once you stood up the room started spinning due to your light headedness. One of your hands slammed down on the desk for support. "Are you okay?" A deep voice said from behind you. Quickly you turned, which did not help eliminate the dizziness. Your eyes focused and there he was, just inches from you. "uh..y-yeah... Just a little.." You waved your hands around signaling disorientation. His soft lips parted reveling straight white teeth as he smiled at you, it was breathtaking. Trying to stand up straight you lifted your hand from the desk but clearly you weren't ready because you started wobbling back and forth. A cool hand gripped your arm securely. "Man, what is wrong with you? You sure you are okay?" His low voice was smooth in your ears. The problem was that he was  the cause of your dizziness, you needed to breath. Letting out a nervous laugh you said "No really, I am all good, but thank you." He looked at you with an expression of disbelief but let his hand slide from your arm, leaving it tingling where his soft skin met yours. "Ill see you tomorrow, okay?" he assured you. "Okay." And for the first time that day you put on a real, genuine smile.