*PREVIEW*

Hello~ Jane here.  As you all may know, I'm not done with Witch yet, but I will be posting previews for the next stories in my series to get you all excited. :D  So please enjoy this short passage from the up-and-coming second insallation of the Triad Series "Wizard."

I always grown up with my uncle, an kind young man, not far in age from my father, who was constantly working.  I visit the College often throughout the breaks after harvest time.

We live in the Forest Monastery, the largest of all of them, and my uncle's piece of land is just on the outskirts.  It's quaint, to say the least, run-down, to say the most.  Though, I don't complain, I would rather be here than in the College.

"Ralt!  Are you finished with your chores?"  Uncle Keron calls from the house.  I can see him inside at his desk, possible writing a spell, most likely doing nothing.

"Nearly!"  I reply.  I still hate working on a farm.  I still hate cleaning up after countless animal and chopping logs for firewood.  I still hate how my Uncle refuses to do any of the work himself.

"It builds character Ralt,"  I can imagine him saying if I'd ever complain.  "You need a little character before you go off to school with that carefree brother of mine.  Now won't you go till some soil in the pea plot?"

I would comply, just as a nephew should respect an elder, even though I hate it.