Falling

I dreamt that I was falling, like I did a few times when I was little.. Those dreams always scared me, even though I'd wake up afterwards.. But this time, it all felt different.. I couldn't tell the difference though, I just knew something was different.. Off.. As I fell, I felt the wind around me, cool and fresh.. It made me feel a bit cold, but I was used to that feeling by now.. The wind blew my hair upwards, making it go in my face, but I still didn't care.. I surprisingly liked the feeling.. Knowing this sensation was all a dream, nothing in it bothered me.. Because I'll wake up afterwards.. So I continued falling.. Not like I could control it..

So as I continued going down.. Down.. Down.. With the wind around me, I very slightly opened my eyes, to reveal the blue sky.. And the bright sun.. I never really remembered the sky being as blue as it was now, in my dreams, or more the sun being in any of them.. But I guess it was always there.. I close my eyes again because the sun was too blinding, like it always was, only to squint while looking at it.. When I was little, having these dreams, there was always ninjas falling with me, and I'd fight them.. But they weren't here this time.. Because it was all different.. But the same.. Like the feel of the wind.. The brightness of the sun.. The blueness of the sky.. The feeling of the cold.. And it all being a dream that I'll wake up from soon..

I went on falling.. Wondering if I fell out of my bed yet, like when I was five, because after I fell out of my bed, I would wake up, breathless and scared at what my dream had.. Breathless because it was like I was flying, and scared because I was falling.. Though.. Now.. I just go strait down.. I didn't move, because it was a bit hard to, the pressure of the air making me stay still.. I didn't really care that I couldn't move around freely, though.. I was used to feeling boxed up, with the pressure of the air around me feeling like that once again.. But soon.. I'll be free of this dream.. When I wake up from it.. I'll continue falling until then..

I heard screams below me, with yells and shouts mixed it.. They weren't real though.. They were just a part of my dream.. The imagination in it.. Just, I never remembered them either.. Like the blue sky, bright sun, and the feeling of the cold wind.. They must've always been there, where I couldn't hear them.. The imaginary people.. Everything below me got louder.. And louder.. And louder.. Telling me I would wake up soon.. "My.. This dream.. Will end.." I told myself quietly.. Before hearing a high pitched scream.. Sounding just feet away.. Maybe it was that far away.. Maybe the sky was really that blue.. Maybe the sun that bright.. And the wind this cold.. And maybe.. Those imaginary people were real too.. But everything was a dream.. And everything was imaginary.. "Goodbye.. My dream.." I said.. Right before I hit the hard ground..

But I didn't care..

It was all a dream to me..

And now I'm free..