7§A Cinderella Story

Aliyah's P.O.V

The Palace.

The Sultan's Palace.

What do you even wear to the Sultan's Palace?

"Come on Aliyah," I chide myself as I try to pack a bag of clothes. "That's the most girly you've sounded in 17 years. Since when have you ever cared about what to wear?" I ask my self.

I pause the packing in excitement, "Since you got asked to go the the freaking Sultan's Palace! " I scream and fall over my bed, burying my head in the sheet.  

I roll over and take a deep breath. "Get yourself together women!" I get up and continue packing. I hold up an old dress, a ragged thing, the color of "boring" and the texture of "eww"- beige and rough. 

"Oh no. No no. No no no. This won't do." I toss the ugly dress away and collapse over my bed. 

"What am I going to do now?" I sigh. I rest there for a couple of seconds, then it hits me. 

Who's the only girl I know, who has money, actually likes me, and is kind enough to help me?

Hadia. 

I get up from my bed and quickly throw on a dress that seemed ok for a day in the town.

It was about 7.am. I had 5 hours to convince Hadia to lend me some clothes, get back home in time to get packed, and get ready before Daniel came to get me. Oh, and I forgot, Hadia likes to talk, so she'll obviously want to know everything. And trust me, I mean everything. So then I'll technically have 4 hours.

I rush down the stairs and start to jog down the street. The walk to the market is usually about 20 minutes. I plan on being there in 5. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Aliyah! How are you? Why do you look so tired?" Hadia asked immediately when I reached her stall.

I take a deep breath before responding. "Sorry, I had to- run- over here- I need- a favor." I say in between gaping breaths. I probably looked like a fish. Which is exactly why I need Hadia's help!

She sets down the tray of bread she was carrying and called another man over. "Raul, you take over. This will probably take a while. Aliyah, follow me," She says, leading me behind the counter under the shade of the awning, and into the building behind her stall, Hadia's home.

Leading me into the furnished living room, she says "Please, have a seat. Would you like something to drink?" She asked, polite as ever. 

"Water would be great, thank you." I say, finally able to catch my breath as Hadia nods and ducks into her kitchen. 

Hadia returns with a glass of water, which I take and gladly gulp down. 

I set the glass on the table in front of me as Hadia settles down in the chair across the couch I am sitting in. 

"So, how can I be of assistance?" Hadia asks, the way she would ask a costumer.

I give her a "come-on-you-know-me" look and she returns it with an "oops" look. 

"Sorry, I'm still on shop mode- but tell me Aliyah, what do you need?" She giggles. 

I explain to Hadia the situation I'm in- everything- since I knew she would've asked about it anyway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Wow." She says when I'm done, looking a little overwhelmed.

"Yup." I say, a little shocked that 'wow'  was all she had to say, being the usually loquacious girl she is.