Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Fright

Third Person Perspective |

Dozens of pixies twinkled and chattered as they zoomed through the hallways of the hysterical high-school, drinking up the reverberations of vocal and terrified screams. "No- not nana!" Tobias screamed, racing down the hall as he fled from an unseen enemy. "I'm special! I swear-" Steve wailed, slamming himself into a locker as he covered his eyes with his hands. "Enrique, where are you going? Come back!" Claire cried, stumbling down the hall after an invisible ghost.

"Guys?"

A clear voice rang out in caution, and
Jim's tense body appeared with his armor activated and sword at the ready. "Uh, hello?" He asked, waving a hand in front of Darcy, who was frozen in place. "Yeah, this is weird." Jim mumbled to himself, eyes nervously flitting down across the hall. A yellow streak flitted through the field of his vision, and Jim's eyes widened as he jumped back in instinct. "What is that?" He muttered, finally gaining a sense to run after Toby. "Tobes, buddy- snap out of it!" Jim called, exasperated, "What in Vendel's name is happening? Why now? Why here, and not Troll Market?" Jim whispered, dragging a hand through his hair in concentration. The situation finally clicked in the trollhunter's head, and he froze in realization. "A distraction." He gasped,

"He's in the school!"

A slam echoed through the narrow corridor, and Jim whirled around to find Angor Rot standing in the hall. "Ah, TrollHunter." Angor smirked, "You've finally cracked the case." He continued, "No place is safe for you. No place you go, no place you hide, will you ever outrun me. Not even your school." Angor drew his blades from their sheath, "And now I will kill you, as penance for my patience."

Angor lunged at Jim, slashing at his face with brutal force. Jim barely blocked it, pushing back. "I won't let you continue this madness!" The boy growled, flipping backwards and throwing his sword at Angor. Angor merely smirked, raising his hand and calling out "Daylight is mine to command!" Jim's sword dissolved into blue light and appeared in Angor's hand, the trollhunter's mark glowing a bright gold. The armored teen narrowed his eyes and reached for his dual blades, palming the cold metal in his hands. The assassin spun on his heel and took off running, Jim in hot pursuit as he set his sights on the troll.  The young atlas narrowed his eyes and flicked his wrists, sending his blades dancing deadly down the hall towards the troll whom held one eye.

Angor flipped out of the way as the blades cut through the air, landing on his feet while never breaking his stride. The blades returned to Jim's outstretched hands as he skidded to the left, planning on cutting Angor off; Arcadia High was his territory, and he didn't take kindly to intruders. The teen quickly realigned himself with the exit, coming to a screeching halt in front of the ancient troll.

"Get out of my school, Angor."

Jim hissed, setting his feet firmly in an offensive stance. The hunter only laughed, raising an eyebrow at the trollhunter's remark. "Go ahead and kill me, boy- I'm sure you wouldn't care about any of your friends sustaining injuries, now would you?" A roar echoing through the building at Angor's words, and Jim Lake grit his teeth.

There was a golemn in the building.

The wielder of eclipse glared at Angor before taking off into a sprint, his feet carrying him away from the fight and towards the creature that ran rampant in the gymnasium. The assassin watched his prey draw further away, cocking his head before disappearing into the shadows once more.

---------------------------------

Jim's Perspective |

Today was turning out to be a real winner, if you catch what I'm throwing.