Chapter 1: A World of Ruin

(Quick Note: If Italics are on the same line as normal writing it's the characters thoughts if the italics are on a different line it's another character speaking to another character by special means.) (Also this is the longest thing I've ever wrote so i'll try to make chapter 2 the same length.)

Long, long ago legend has it that a lady named Irene led a group of divine warriors to protect the people of the world...But that's not what this stories about. This story is about a world shrouded in shadows, where everyone is stuck in a depressing state of immortality and the only way to die is to be killed by another. There is no light. No dark. The soil and dirt are dried, making it impossible to grow crops and the water has become undrinkable and unusable due to bugs and fish making it murky and the lack of magick users to help purify it. And finally fires grew out of control taking down anything in their path.

A destroyed world has no use for hope and beauty, yet somehow places still manage to thrive from this suffering like one of the biggest "Villages" in the Ru'aun region, O'kahsis. It's more like a city, exploiting poor people from out of town into working, although since the past 10 years the village has been covered in frost with calm winds compared to most villages. Take Falcon Claw for example, the lord and people of the village unfortunately passed in a massive earthquake no less than a year ago.

This may all sound unfortunate and sad yet a few tiny 20 to 30 people villages have created a small dome made from barrier magicks of some people who live there, it keeps out the shadows and disasters, creating a peaceful life for the people whom live inside. One small village in particular called Phoenix Drop has one of these which was single handedly made by one of the residents of the village known as Sylvana. Sylvana was the mother of a young dark haired girl of 19 years of age called Aphmau. She was being taught by her mother how to one day hold up the barrier with her own magicks but it wasn't going very well...

"I'm never going to be able to do this. How does my mum expect me to be able to do this in only 19 years, she's had like I dunno 1000 years of practise." Aphmau groaned as she complained to her close friend.

"Do not worry lady Aphmau, if you put your mind to it you can achieve any dream!" He had a sparkle in his eyes as he spoke the words.

"Um... Lady Aphmau? You read way too many olden style books Liochant." She looked up at the sky. "But thanks for the vote of confidence, I appreciate it!"

"As long as I can help you I really don't mind hanging out with you so much."

As they continued walking and talking through town, something large caught her eye, falling from the sky towards them. As it came closer she could see it was a somewhat tennis ball sized stone, she placed her hand in front of Liochant to indicate him to stop. He looked at Aphmau and then looked at the sky and saw the stone nearly smack him in the head. Nearly. A small barrier ;like the one surrounding the town had appeared where it was about to hit.

"Aphmau did you do that... Oh my Irene. If that would have hit me in the head I... don't think I would awake right now..." He stumbled backwards and the small barrier disappeared. "Wait your mum wants you to be able to make another barrier around town right?"

"Y-yes but what does this have to do with that- Ohhhh. I actually did it!" She then felt a small pebble smack the back of her head. "Hey! Who threw that!"

"Sorry Aphmau, I couldn't think of anyway to get your attention, hehehe." A purple haired girl with cat ears stared down at Aphmau and Liochant. "Sorry about the rock as well Liochant. Michi though it would be a good idea but maybe it was a bit to big. Whoopsie."

"Oh that's quite alright Michi, thanks for apologising. Anyway Aphmau you should go and tell your mum about the barrier magicks you just cast." Liochant put his hand onto her shoulder. "Good luck."