Age is Just a Number

"So, Nikki, how are things with Jared?", my BFF asked, hoping for some details about my and Jared's relationship. I was not as open to share much information about the two of us, since Jared was so popular and it was best if everybody knew as little as possible.

"Great, we're having the best time when we're together. He's so charming, funny, handsome and great to be around.I swear the last date flew by so fast I felt we were out for 15 minutes, when we spent almost 6 hours together."

"Are you gonna see him today as well?", my BFF was so curious.

"I think so. He said he'll text me when he's done with the recording for today. Which should probably be any minute. It's really late. They're wrapping up with the new album so he's pretty busy these days."

Buzz, buzz
"Wow, speak of the Devil", I said and smiled as I glanced at the phone.
"We have to talk. Can you come over to my place?", it was Jared and I immediately felt a pit in my stomach.

"Is it Jared?", my BFF asked with anticipation.

"Um... Yeah, it's him", I didn't sound so happy.

"Is something wrong?"

"I'm not sure, I have to go. Sorry, I'll call you tomorrow. Bye!", I said and walked out of her house.

I called Jared and waited for him to pick up as I was driving towrads his house.

"Hey, is everything OK?", I asked in worry.

"Yeah, don't worry, we just need to talk that's all.", Jared answered with a straight voice.

That was never good. We've been dating for 4 months, and every time he sounded this serious something bad was going on.

"Fine, I'm on my way, I'll be there in 10 minutes", I said and hung up.

I came to his house, ringed the bell and couldn't wait for him to answer the door. Seconds suddenly felt like hours. I was so impatient that I started to knock on the door and ring at the same time.

"Wow, what's the emergency?", all of a sudden Shannon appeared at the front door and looked at me surprisingly.

"You tell me. Where's Jared?", I asked as you walked inside the house looking around to find him.

"He's upstairs in his room. Are you OK, Nikki, you seem really upset.", Shannon has never seen me like this before, so he was a bit concerned.

"Jared?!", I yelled and started going upstairs.

"OK, I guess I'll just go mind my own business.", Shannon said and made a funny face, knowing that Jared and I have some unsolved issues to deal with.

I stepped inside Jared's bedroom and saw him sitting in an armchair near the window. He was deep into his thoughts, so when I entered he flinched, since I caught him by surprise.

"Hey sweety.", he said and smiled at me. He stood up and started walking towards you.

"Don't you "sweety" me. Why do we have to talk? You've had me worried sick.", I started to go towards him and as we met halfway both of us jumped into each other's arms.

"God, it's so good to have you in my arms. I'm so going to miss your hug.", Jared said and I instantly pulled away from him.

"What? Why would you miss my hugs? Are you going somewhere?", I was shocked.

"Not exactly. Come here.", he took my hand and set on the bed, placing me on his lap. Both of my legs were on his right side, and he had his arms around my waist.