sleep

Pairing:V-Hope
Concept:Lonely city nights

There was no mistaking it. Seoul was absolutely beautiful when the sun went down.

Arms crossed and resting on the balcony railing Kim Taehyung stared distantly out into the sea of buildings while sipping on his punch flavored snapple bottle. His apartment was a good 20 stories above the cold parking lot to the building. He inhaled recieving a certain satisfaction from the sight, and for a fleeting moment, he felt like the city's ruler.

It was night time, and yet, the city was bustling with movement.

The windows of the large mass of high-rise buildings seemed to glow and flicker like billions of stars in the endless night sky. But he knew if he looked up, the night sky would resemble a bare black canvas. Neon billboards proudly stood atop buildings and glimmered in all of their grandness. And Taehyung seemed to think all the dirt and grim everywhere only contributed to the beauty of the city. An exhale, and a long sip of punch.

In the distance he could make out the honking of cars and shouts of pedestrians. He took another breath, absorbing the smells of truck fumes and cigarettes. Automatically he felt himself relax-shoulders drop, eyes close, and spine slouch. He lifted his bottle to take another sip but realized the drink was empty.

Feeling a rush of boredom he placed the bottle on the very edge of his balcony railing. He aligned his finger with the back of the bottle, getting ready to push it off.

"One," he counted. There wasn't anyone down there, so it wouldn't hurt anyone as if right now.

"Two," he couldn't wait to see the glass shatter when it hit the flithy parking lot below.

"Thre-" a white Honda pulled up and parked directly under Taehyung's balcony.

Ugh, he's here again? Taehyung groaned.

It became much of a routine now, Hoseok would come to visit Taehyung during random times throughout the peak of the night. Someone's gonna get the wrong idea if he keeps this up, Taehyung sighed waiting for Hoseok to finish climbing up the flight of stairs.

2 minutes later and Taehyung, who was still staring out the balcony, could hear footsteps echoing up the stairwell getting dangerously close to his floor. The sound of feet scraping against a doormat and three sharp knocks had Taehyung shaking his head.

When he opened the door, he gave a subtle but deadly stare at the man on the other side. A quick smile in response and Hoseok was already letting himself in. Putting down two black plastic bags full of cup ramen, Hoseok began to kick off his shoes.

"Hyung," Taehyung said through gritted teeth, "I told you, you really didn't have to come."

"Aha, but I did anyway! And with good reason too! Look at what time it is Tae! 1:05 and your still not asleep!" He said with a semi serious tone. Zipping off his jacket and hanging it in Taehyung's closet as it were his own, Hoseok grabbed the instant cup ramen and made his way to the microwave.

Taehyung collapsed on his bed, not from exhaustion but frustration. "Hyung. Go home." He demanded firmly.

"As if." Hoseok scoffed "Kim Taehyung, I am very well aware that you won't eat or sleep if someone doesn't remind you to. If it's not me, then who the heck will even think about driving all the way over here just to tuck you in?"

Messily pouring the noodles and soup into two styrofoam bowl, Hoseok split to sets of wooden chopsticks in half.
"Here," he handed Taehyung a bowl with a smile,"eat up."

They sat and at in the silence other than the occasional slurps of the noodles and soup stuffed into their mouths. The balcony door was still ajar, and from it sounds of revving  engines, and echoing honks of cars, and police sirens, and- rain.

It was faint, but Taehyung could make out the distinct pitter-patter of droplets ricocheting across the road below. It started as a drizzle, and the a steady pour, until it got to a point that by the time Taehyung started to drink the soup at the bottom of the cup, there was a raging down pour.

Hoseok spontaneously got up and placed his empty noodle cup atop the counter.
"Well, if I want to make it home dry, I guess I'll have to leave now," Hoseok sighed, a soft smile never leaving his face. Taehyung got up to close the balcony door. He looked outside one more time at the blinding flash of heavy rain.

"Hyung. Stay the night."

"What?"

"You couldn't possibly think about driving through that," Taehyung said, feeling suddenly sheepish.

A smile spread across Hoseok's face, and then dropped.
"But where will I sleep...?"

"With me," Taehyung shrugged, "I don't really see anything wrong with that aslong as we are on opposite sides."

"Ah, okay," Hoseok walked over to the window and slid the curtains closed.

Taehyung jumped onto his bed, feeling a little uncomfortable with Hoseok on the other side of it. A sliver of moonlight landed on Hoseok's face and Taehyung felt a little strange.

"Hyung?"

"Tae?"

"Why do you do it?"

"What?"

"Why do you drive all the way here in the middle of the night? Why do you make sure I eat well? Why do you always tuck me in? Why do you do all of this for me?"

The man stirred, moving to turn to the other. He placed a warm hand on Taehyung's cheek and answered, "Because I care about you Tae."

And with that Taehyung turned to the other side, "W-whatever. Go to sleep."

"This insomnia thing is making you as weird as ever," Hoseok shook his head and gave a light chuckle.