Prologue

1 Year Ago

This day is going perfect, nothing can ruin this moment. This was one of the many hopeful thoughts running through Isaac's mind as he sat on his boyfriend's blanket enjoying a nice picnic, which Luke had surprised him with on this warm, clear, sunny California day. In front of laid a great summer feast consisting of; a potato salad topped with sliced eggs, juicy bright pink watermelon, deviled eggs sprinkled with paprika, and tasty tuna salad on whole wheat bread. To him, all this food coupled with the beautiful clearing filled with bright colorful flowers of red, purple, yellow, and orange alike made this wonderful day even better for the two of them. The clearing was surrounded by a dense forest of thick trees, providing a sense of privacy, no one would have known it was there unless they stumbled onto it. Sitting across from Isaac was Luke, the first guy he ever had the pleasure of dating since coming out as gay. They had been dating for three years and were still going strong.

Luke was sixteen, just half a year older than Isaac, who was watching him adorningly as he often did. Luke's hair was a mess of short curls and matched the color of the night sky, while his eyes reminded Isaac of the leaves all around them. Luke stood over Isaac by a good couple of inches due to his growth spurt when he hit puberty. At one-hundred thirty-five pounds his leg muscles were well developed from his time on their school's cross-country team, and his arms bulged due to the result of all the exercising he had done over most of the summer. It was moments like these that surprised Isaac that he had held on to Luke for so long.

With an almost eighty-five degrees temperature, Luke took off his shirt and applied some of his vanilla Chapstick to his lips. He had developed more features like a start of a six pack from all his running, a trail of hair ran from his belly button to the waist of his pants, and a pair of small nipples enhancing his chest. Across from him sat Isaac who was also enjoying the heat without his shirt, displaying his thin torso, which despite his best efforts wouldn't develop any hint of abs. All was quiet and peaceful with the air only filled with the sounds of birds chirping and singing in the forest.

"I love you," Luke finally said, after they both had enjoyed some of the awesome food he had worked extremely hard on.

"I love you too," the other boy said with a grin.

Luke then leaned across the blanket and kissed Isaac on the lips, causing shivers to run up and down both of their spines. His lips are soft and have a hint vanilla taste, thought Isaac as he kissed him back, their lips moving in sync. As the moment heated, the clearing was filled with the sound of both of them moaning. Isaac groaned in frustration when Luke pulled away, yearning to have his boyfriend's lips back on his and to feel his body against him.

"I think our kisses get better and better each time," Luke said with a blissful look as he watched Isaac pout at their separation.

"Yeah," Isaac agreed while watching Luke start to put the rest of the food back into the old wooden basket.

"Why are you putting everything away?" He asked with a small frown growing on his face.

"Don't worry, we'll finish eating later," was the answer his boyfriend gave as him as he finished putting everything away. "I think it's time we explore and get to know each other a little more."

Awhile later they laid on the blanket relaxing in each other's arms while trying to catch their breath. Isaac's mind began to drift back to all his fantasies about what they would do, and for everything he had imagined this moment blew all of his fantasies out of the water. He thought about what they had just done together and all the things they would do together in the future; the meals they would share, the adventures they would have, exploring each other's bodies, and more moments like this. Thinking of all this made him smile and love Luke even more than he thought possible.

"You were amazing," Isaac said to Luke, still catching his breath.

"You were too," Luke said with a smile. "Are you ready to eat now?"

"Yeah," Isaac chuckled while they both begun to take out all the food again.

A flash of movement peripheral vision caught his eye dragging him out of his thoughts. His eyes immediately widened as he focused on what stood behind his boyfriend. Standing on four legs, mostly grey with some black coloring on its body, eyes shining like amber was a wolf. Hunger blazed in its eyes as the creature fixed them on Luke, right then Isaac knew this monster was going to attack. There was no time to even let out a scream to warn Luke when the beast pounced, and he didn't even know what happened, all Isaac could do was stare in shock.

Where Luke was sitting alive and happy just seconds ago was his now lifeless body. Blood gushed from the gaping wound on his neck, a low rattle of air released from between his once soft lips and Isaac's heart fell. The wolf with blood covering its muzzle was now setting its eyes on him. Tears streaming down his face he jumped up and ran. He could hear the footfalls of the wolf as the race for his life began. As branches, roots, and rocks tried with all their might to hinder the boy in his escape, he begun to hear a new noise; running water. Following the sound of the water, his pace increased with a hidden pool of energy rushing over his body.

Isaac came to an abrupt stop when he reached a ledge, beyond which was a roaring river about eight feet down with strong rapids cut only by sharp, jagged rocks lying in the middle. Turning around to see where else he could run; the boy came face to face with the wolf. He quickly took a step back hearing the sound of rocks falling as his weight loosened them from the edge of the cliff. The wolf pounced, causing him to take another step back only to have his foot land in open air causing the frightened boy to fall as the wolf's claws slashed open his chest. Isaac fell flailing all the way down while his chest radiated with extreme pain. When he collided with the water even more pain radiated through the gaping wound on his.

A.N.

This prolog is dedicated to @summerssolitude for creating this awesome cover for my story. I hope you all enjoy it and the story and please give some feedback in the form of comments or votes. I will greatly appreciate it. Thanks in advance and please enjoy.