The First Puppet

All character names and rights to z0mbies, none are mine.
This is my entry for The Man one-shot contest, I hope you like it!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Puppet Boy, you know what to do." My beautiful creator was teaching me how to become a puppet maker.

I was overjoyed to have the honor to continue my creator's legacy, following in his magnificent footsteps!

"Yes, sir. I must go and find a boy beautiful enough to become a beautiful puppet." I said, barley hiding the excitement in my voice.

It was the day, finally! I was going to make my first puppet. I was so happy to have my creator's skilled hands guiding me, if he wasn't here I don't think I'd be able to make the puppet right. My creator wouldn't be happy to have an imperfect puppet. He might beat me. I would deserve it, though. To create a puppet that wasn't absolutely amazing would be like stealing the destiny from the boy. All those handsome boys and girls in the world, all obviously yearning to become an even more beautiful puppet.

My creator handed me a small piece of paper. On it was the name "Marcus O'Donnell". I looked and saw a lot of information on Marcus. Oh no! Surely if my creator had heard me say that he would've punished me! I accidentally called my Puppet Boy by his nickname. I don't know why people do that.

I once had a nickname too, Tommy. When I realised how silly it was to have a nickname, I quickly dropped it and only allowed people to call me by my real name, Puppet Boy.

I shook my head to clear my thoughts and looked at the rest of this Puppet Boy's page. Yes, this one would be perfect. Handsome, too. He'd make a wonderful puppet.

"Sir, I believe I know what to do may I go and get this Puppet Boy now?" I ask my creator, gazing into his beautiful eyes.

"Yes, Puppet Boy. Go and find him and make him beautiful." my creator replied, gazing at me with adoration and pride.

When I saw this look on my creator's face, my heart bursted with joy. Well, that was figurative. Puppets like me don't have hearts. My creator continued looking at me with pride. I made my creator happy! I wanted to hug him, but I knew that would be inappropriate. I was a puppet, he was my creator.

My creator handed me a small rag and bottle. "This is for getting your puppet to your stage. It makes it easier to transport him."

"Thank you sir, I won't fail." I said, grateful my creator was helping me!

"Good. If you do, I will have to punish you. And you know I don't want to punish you." my creator said, a warning edge to his tone.

I nodded, eager to make my first puppet.
My creator shooed me out, and I clutched the information sheet in my hands, careful not to rip it. Once I stepped outside the door if my creator's stage, I looked at the paper again. Puppet Boy should be getting out if school in a few minutes. I remember when my creator painted beautiful makeup on my face and sent me to school. The girls swooned over me, and of boys were jealous and tried to hurt me. I knew they wished they could be beautiful too.

As I strode over to Puppet Boy's car at the school, I quickly disconnected a few wires and plugs. My creator would be proud of me! I smashed open a window and waited in his car, fantasizing about the amazing shows we'd put on once he was ready to preform.

When Puppet Boy stepped into his car, he didn't even notice me. How dare he! I would make him a beautiful puppet, I was going to let him fulfill his destiny! And he didn't even have the gratefulness to notice me? I was outraged. I jumped forward, holding the rag to his mouth and nose. I had soaked it with the liquid my creator gave me. In seconds, he was unconscious. I studied his features. Blond hair and smooth pale skin. He'd make a wonderful puppet!

I pulled my eyes away, and quickly got out if his car, slinging Puppet Boy over my shoulder. I walked to my stage, an abandoned school. It was large and empty, and would be until the show. I hoped I'd get a full house! To have every single chair filled on my first night would be astounding, and I knew I'd be ever grateful.

When I got there, I stepped into a classroom stripped of chairs, desks, and books. The only thing left was peeling wallpaper. In the center of the room was one wooden chair. I set Puppet Boy on it and strapped him down. Didn't want my little puppet getting away!

I found the white mask my creator had given me. He said that if my puppets loved me without seeing my handsome face, I had a good puppet. Once I put it on, I grabbed the paints and started to put on Puppet Boy's face.

When I had finished painting the last little freckle, I decided something was missing. My puppet didn't have dimples. I took a small knife and carved slightly into his cheek. Not all the way, but enough to make a dent. I stepped back and dabbed away the blood.

Perfect, just like my creator would want. A beautiful puppet boy! Quickly, I got to work. I lifted Puppet Boy to see how much weight he'd need to loose. Not much, he was thin already. When I set him back down again and strapped him up, Puppet Boy's eyes fluttered open.

"Oh, Puppet Boy! You're awake!" I exclaimed. Now my puppet could start training.

"Puppet Boy? M-my name is Marcus. Where am I?" Puppet Boy stuttered.

"Oh, Puppet Boy, you must learn to drop that silly little nickname." I said, annoyed that he would keep such a childish thing as a nickname.

"W-who are you? Where a-am I?!" Puppet Boy was scared, I could see it.

It confused me, who would be scared about their destiny? Then it hit me, he was scared to preform! I was too, my first time.

"Now, Puppet Boy. There's no need to be nervous about preforming. I did it too, and it's amazing to see that sea of smiling faces!" I said, comforting him.

"P-preform? What do you mean? W-what am I preforming? Who are you!?" Puppet Boy started screaming. The noise hurt my ears and I frowned.

"Puppet Boy, there us no need to shout. I didn't tell you to, and a puppet didn't do anything it's not told to do. I must punish you." I sighed. I didn't want to hurt this beautiful puppet, but lessons must be learned.

I took a long knife out of my pocket. Carefully, I laid Puppet Boy's arm out on the side of the chair. Strapping it down, Puppet Boy squirmed.

"What are you doing? Put down the knife! Stop!" he shouted.

I frowned again. I had to make the punishment worse. Puppet Boy was shouting again. So, quickly and cleanly, I thrust the knife down, between his bones. I stopped when I felt the knife it the table. Puppet Boy screamed. He writhed and thrashed, to no avail. I kept the knife there, buried in his arm. Bright blood gushed out of the wound. I pulled the knife back out, and Puppet Boy's screams grew louder. More blood gushed out of the wound, and Puppet Boy started crying. His makeup started running, and I scowled as I realised I'd have to paint it back on.

"Puppet Boy, stop crying." I instructed firmly.

As quickly as he could, Puppet Boy stopped blubbering. I dried his face and said. "Puppet Boy, I am your creator. You are to call me sir or master. Understand?"

"Y-yes." he said. He didn't say sir! Such a forgetful puppet.

"Yes what?" I growled.

"Yes sir." Puppet Boy said after a few seconds. Then he looked at at me with eyes of love and adoration. "Thank you for making me such a beautiful puppet!"