Comment Challenge

This month, senior GE engineer Rupam Mukherjee, who works on some of the most advanced train engines in the world at India's GRC, takes us into the future of transportation. Our latest story The Silver Falcon by H.J. Nelson explores this technology, taking us to the year 2099, where the world's fastest, most efficient form of transportation, The Silver Falcon, races through the countryside of India. It is a train that has united the world, but one man on board worries it may not be fast enough.

But how might the latest advancement in cloud computing, automation and hybrid energy technology usher in a new era of faster, safer transportation? GE scientist Rupam Mukherjee wants to answer YOUR questions!

In the comments below, post your most poignant questions for Rupam about locomotives of the future, the speed and safety of these new trains, and what might this mean for people's day-to-day lives.

Consider these technological talking points when coming up with your questioning:

- Advances in technology are making locomotives both safer and faster. GE has plans to use technology to eventually make superconducting motors that would be almost 100% efficient. What questions do have about the advancement of safety and speed of locomotives in the future?

- Locomotives are going to respond to their environment. Hybrid technologies have clean, emission-free propulsion systems that rely on Fuel cells or batteries for the last mile while plying in city limits. How do you think this might future-proof our society, and what questions do you have about these systems reducing our carbon footprint?

Rupam will be answering his three favorite questions in a video on May 8th! His answers will be broadcast on Wattpad's Facebook page with a shout out to the users who participated!

Submit your questions by May 3rd, 2017!