1 ~ Sentencing

Sienna 

I locked eyes with the judge sat across the room from me, silently pleading for him to believe my innocence. I let out a shaky breath as I was told to stand.

"Sienna Tancredi, you have been found guilty on all charges." I looked down to the ground as I heard the words I have been dreading for the past month and could feel a tear begin to make its way down my cheek. 

"You will be serving a total of 35 years - 10 years on the counts of first-degree arson, followed by 15 for the murder of Richard Jenkins and a further 10 years for the attempted murder of his wife, Marie Jenkins who is in a comatose state with third-degree burns as a result of the fire you started in their home." The judge continued to say as I everything began to feel like a blur to me. 

I looked back at the benches behind me and saw my sister sat staring at me with tears threatening to spill over. My heart broke as I saw Sara stare at me as though she no longer believed I was innocent anymore and dropped her head down to look at her hands. I expected to see our father sat next to her but I should have known he wouldn't show. Having the Governor's daughter known as a murderer isn't good for publicity, I guess. 

"... Due to the brutality of your crimes you will be serving your time in a Level 1 maximum security prison, and as per your request to being close to home and near family, we have put it in your best interest to be sent to Fox River State Penitentiary as that is where your sister works as a doctor." I began paying full attention to the judge again. My head snapped over to my lawyer, Veronica Donovan as I realised where I was being sent.

"All due respect your Honour, but that is an all male prison. Surely there is-" Veronica began to say before being cut off.

"I am fully aware of this, Miss Donovan." The judge interrupted. "But you must understand that your client set fire to a house of whom she did not know the occupants of which leads us to believe that this was a random attack as a result of her being under the influence of alcohol. And as she was able to carry out such a vicious act under that influence shows that she is not stable to be out in society or under any other level of security." The judge stated as he glared between me and Veronica.

"I understand, your Honour." Veronica sighed before looking at me sadly.

"Miss Tancredi, you will be taken into the cells where you will wait for two hours until transportation, where you will be escorted by four guards to Fox River. Is there anything you would like to say before you are taken out of the courtroom?" He questioned looking towards me.

I let out a shaky breath before saying, "All I have to say is that I'm innocent. I didn't kill that man... I didn't set that house on fire I swear to you! Please! I'm innocent!" I pleaded desperately as tears streamed down my face. The courtroom turned into a panic as my voice got louder. 

"Officers! Cuff her! Cuff her and get her out of here now!" The judge ordered as he smacked the gavel against the wooden surface in front of him. I felt my arms being pulled behind my back and the cold silver being locked around my wrists. I started being dragged towards the door to the right of the stand as I turned around to look for my sister.

"Sara! Sara, please believe me, please! I didn't do it! Tell dad to get me out of this!" I begged my sister as she stood up.

"I'll try, Sienna. I'll try, I promise." She swore to me. I nodded my head at her knowing how hard it was to get through to our father. 

I was pushed through the door and could hear Veronica's heels clicking against the tiled flooring before I was shoved into one the cells behind the courtroom. The officers left leaving one to lock the cell door and stand outside. Veronica came and stood in front of the bars, holding on to one.

"Sienna, that display out there didn't do you any favours." Veronica said in a sympathetic tone, slowly shaking her head making her straight black hair move off her shoulders. 

"I didn't kill anyone! Veronica please tell me you believe me." I begged her.

"...I don't know. I mean all the evidence is there. They found your footprints in the soil outside of the house, and traces of gasoline and kerosene on your clothes and in your car and apartment. And your history with alcohol doesn't help your case." She said looking me in the eyes. "But since I've been representing you, I can't see you having a violent bone in your body." Everything she said was true. All that evidence they had against me was enough proof to say I did it.

"It just doesn't make sense. I didn't even know the Jenkins and I haven't drank in nearly two years, why would I start now. I got my medical license suspended and lost my job. Why after finally getting back on my feet, would I want to risk it all to burn down some stranger's house?" I asked rhetorically and shook my head. 

"The night it happened I was at a small cafe, but I wasn't drinking alcohol, only lemonade. I just wanted to get something to eat before going back to the hospital for my night shift. I'm a doctor, Veronica. Not a killer." I told her as I sat on the small bench in the cold grey cell and put my head in my hands.

I heard her crouch down before she spoke, "I know it doesn't make sense but CCTV has you leaving that cafe and getting in your car driving the opposite way to the hospital. Police found alcohol in your system and when they got to your apartment the next morning they saw the empty bottles of bourbon and vodka as well as all of those empty bottles of pills, they said it was a suicide attempt, Sienna."

"I didn't try to kill myself, I was happy Veronica. I was finally happy again, I had no reason to." I sniffled as I remembered what my life used to be like before I decided it was time for me to sort myself out. "Wait, did you say they found an empty bottle of bourbon?" I asked.

"Yes, why?"

"I don't drink bourbon, never have. I hate the stuff. Even if I was drunk, I still wouldn't drink it, especially not a whole bottle." I asked, confused as to why it would even be in my apartment. It got me thinking more about that night.

"Then why was it in your apartment, Sienna?" Veronica gave me a look as though she didn't believe what I was saying. 

"I don't know." I mumbled, trying to remember that night. "I don't know."

Veronica stood back up and straightened out her grey pencil skirt. "Listen, I'm sorry I couldn't get you out of this, Sienna. I really am." She said honestly as she held on to a bar once again and looked towards me.

"I know, thank you." I said with a small smile.

"I'll visit you in a couple of days at Fox River, okay? While you're in there, look out for a guy called Michael Scofield. He's a friend of mine and a really good guy, if you ever need help, go to him. Anyway, they'll be transporting you soon."

"Yeah, okay." I nodded. She smiled at me and said goodbye before she turned and walked out of the small corridor, leaving me to my thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There's the first chapter! So this is a Prison Break story and I've been wanting to start one for a while and here it is. I'm so excited to get more into Sienna's story and get through season 1. Gal Gadot plays Sienna because in some pictures, I think she can sometimes resemble Sarah Wayne Callies a little bit (I might be totally wrong) and because she's Sara's sister in the book I thought it would make sense.